SAN FRANCISCO - May 30, 2013 - Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the Blade Pro, the latest evolution of its award-winning 17-inch gaming laptop. Powered by a future 4th gen Intel Core processor, next generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M graphics and groundbreaking storage performance, the new Blade Pro is faster and more powerful than ever before.
"With the Razer Blade Pro, we've designed a gaming laptop for work and for play-appealing to on-the-go hardcore gamers, game developers, creative artists and aspiring video professionals," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "The Razer Blade Pro can flawlessly run the most popular creative software applications, and is powerful enough to run the most graphically intensive games on the market today."
Razer's designers and engineers refined every inner component to increase performance, while staying true to portability. At 0.88 inches thin and weighing 6.5 pounds, the Blade Pro is the most portable 17-inch gaming laptop in its class. Every detail is sleek, slim and light, all the way down to the compact power supply, making the Blade Pro the best choice for gaming performance and creative work on-the-go.
The Blade Pro, the third iteration of Razer's ground-breaking, ultra-portable laptop, features a 47-watt Intel chip, 10 watts more than the last 17-inch Razer Blade and the most powerful CPU ever fitted into a Razer system for increased professional performance. The latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M GPU is also included. All of this is packed into the thinnest and lightest form factor in the 17-inch laptop class. The Blade Pro comes with Dolby Home Theatre v4, featuring immersive audio quality that is custom-tuned to each Razer laptop to deliver a cinematic sound experience. All of this is topped-off with gaming-grade peripherals built right in, such as Razer Synapse 2.0, a fully programmable anti-ghosting keyboard with adjustable backlight and an ultra-sensitive track pad.
"Innovation is happening across the PC industry, and what Razer has done with the Blade Pro is groundbreaking," says Navin Shenoy, vice president and general manager of Intel's Mobile Client Platforms. "Utilizing a future 4th gen Intel Core processor, the Razer Blade Pro delivers top-class gaming and professional performance in a very portable form factor."
"The Razer Blade Pro packs extreme performance in an ultra-portable form factor," says Rene Haas, vice president and general manager of notebook GPUs at NVIDIA. "Thanks in part to the performance-per-watt efficiency of the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPUs, the new Razer Blade Pro is incredibly thin for a 17-inch gaming laptop."
At the heart of the Blade Pro is a full-HD 17-inch LED display linked in combination with the Switchblade User Interface (SBUI), allowing users to take advantage of tools and creative possibilities at their fingertips. Driven by 10 dynamic adaptive tactile keys, a revolutionary LCD track pad and professional-grade and game apps, users can work harder and play harder. Razer's SBUI now includes several new, professional-grade apps and a wide array of new tools available at no charge, including programs like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro, Maya, GIMP and more.
The Razer Blade Pro also features 8 GB of fast 1600 MHz DDR3L memory and now comes standard with 128 GB of total solid-stage storage, with optional 256 GB and 512 GB SSDs. With solid-state storage technology, gamers will now experience up to four-times the performance of a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive.
Razer is also offering a new creative professional pricing program, allowing design students, game developers, development staff, Kickstarter partners and others to purchase Razer products, including the Blade Pro, at special prices. Selected developers and partners are now listed at https://www.razerzone.com/creativepro. Those not listed are encouraged to fill out an application on the page for a chance to be included in the program.
The Blade Pro will be available for pre-order June 3. For more information, go to https://www.razerzone.com/bladepro.
Starts at $2,299
Razerzone.com - Pre-Order June 3
United States and Canada
- Future 4th gen Intel Core processor (formerly codename 'Haswell')
- 8 GB DDR3L (2 x 4 GB 1600MHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (2 GB GDDR5) & Intel HD4600
- Windows 8 64 Bit
- 128 GB SSD, with optional 256/512 GB SSD (mSATA)
- Qualcomm Killer NIC N1202 (802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0)
- 17.3-in. Full HD 16:9 Ratio, 1920 x 1080, with LED backlight
- Stereo 2.0 speakers
- 3.5 mm audio microphone/headphone combo jack
- HD Webcam (front-facing, 2.0 MP)
- Array microphones
- (3x) USB 3.0 port (SuperSpeed)
- Codec supports 7.1 (via HDMI 1.4)
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- Razer Anti-Ghosting Keyboard (with adjustable backlight)
- Razer Switchblade User Interface
- Razer Synapse 2.0 Enabled
- Built-in 74 Wh Rechargeable lithium ion polymer battery
- Kensington Lock
- 16.8 in. / 427 mm (Width) x 0.88 in. / 22.4 mm (Height) x 10.9 in. / 277 mm (Depth)
- 6.58 lbs. / 2.98 kg
For more information about the Razer Blade Pro, please visit https://www.razerzone.com/bladepro.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit