May 2013, Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, is set to unveil the industry's first officially certified dual-bay Thunderbolt powered storage dock at this year's Computex show in Taipei, Taiwan - the RocketStor 5212. The RocketStor 5212 allows Mac users to fully exploit the high-performance connectivity of any Thunderbolt capable Mac platform.
Introducing the RocketStor 5212
HighPoint's RocketStor 5212 is the industry's first dual-bay 10Gb/s Thunderbolt powered Storage Dock! The RocketStor 5212 delivers true, 10Gb/s transfer bandwidth for MacBooks, iMacs, and any Mac platform with Thunderbolt capability. Each device bay supports both 2.5" and 3.5" 6Gb/s SATA drives. The RocketStor 5212 is an ideal, external storage solution for Mac platforms, and delivers uncompromised 10Gb/s transfer bandwidth for performance-intensive storage applications including media editing, HD video playback, and high-speed external backup.
Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Powered External Storage Solution for any Thunderbolt Capable Mac Platform
The RocketStor 5212 is the ideal, high-performance external storage solution for MacBook portables and IMac systems with built-in Thunderbolt connectivity. The uncompromised 10Gb/s performance bandwidth and modular SATA bays support any industry standard SATA SSD and hard drive. The RocketStor 5212, like all RocketStor storage docks, benefits from HighPoint's persistent compatibility testing, which ensures full compliance with all current and upcoming SATA storage devices, including today's fastest 6Gb/s SSD's and high-capacity 4TB hard drives.
SMART Clone Software Storage Solution
The RocketStor 5212 comes bundled with HighPoint's Storage Software Solution - SMART Clone, as Free Software. The SMART Clone application can duplicate any drive or partition to the disk of your choice, at up to twice the speed of ordinary backup utilities! The bootable, user-friendly interface works with any computing platform, and provides three easy to use duplication functions: Clone Image (create a duplicate of a disk or partition and save as an .iso image), Clone Mirror (clone a disk or partition to another disk or partition), and Restore (use a Clone Mirrored image to restore a corrupt drive).
Availability and Pricing
The RocketStor 5212 will be available in early July 2013, from HighPoint's world-wide network of Distribution and Retail channels.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit