NVIDIA today reported revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, ended April 28, 2013, of $954.7 million, down 13.7 percent from $1.11 billion in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013. GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.13, down 53.6 percent from $0.28 in the prior quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.18, down 48.6 percent from $0.35 in the prior quarter.
As previously announced, NVIDIA plans to return in excess of $1 billion this fiscal year to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and quarterly dividend payments. During the first quarter, NVIDIA returned $146.3 million to shareholders by repurchasing $100 million of shares, and paying $46.3 million of dividends, or $0.075 per share. As part of NVIDIA's capital return program, the company plans to continue its quarterly dividend program at $0.075 per share and to return additional cash of at least $750 million during fiscal 2014, largely through a structured share repurchase program.
"The success of Kepler-based GPUs within and beyond the PC helped drive another quarter of record margins," said Jen-Hsun Huang, president and chief executive officer of NVIDIA. "Kepler is capturing share among gamers, strengthening our workstation and supercomputing segments, and will fuel new growth opportunities for our GRID server graphics solutions. With Tegra 4 devices and Tegra 4i certification on the way, we're gearing up to return to growth in the second half."
NVIDIA's outlook for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 is as follows:
- Revenue is expected to be $975 million, plus or minus two percent.
- GAAP and non-GAAP gross margins are expected to be approximately flat relative to the prior quarter, at 54.3 percent and 54.6 percent, respectively.
- GAAP operating expenses are expected to be approximately $448 million; non-GAAP operating expenses are expected to be approximately $408 million.
- GAAP and non-GAAP tax rates for the second quarter and annual fiscal 2014 are both expected to be 16 percent, plus or minus one percent. This estimate excludes any discrete tax events that may occur during a quarter, which, if realized, may increase or decrease our actual effective tax rates in such quarter.
We estimate depreciation and amortization for the second quarter to be approximately $61 million to $63 million. Capital expenditures are expected to be in the range of $65 million to $75 million.
Diluted shares for the second quarter are expected to be approximately 590 million.
Among highlights of the first quarter of fiscal 2014, NVIDIA:
- Announced its intention to return in excess of $1 billion to shareholders during fiscal 2014.
- Introduced NVIDIA GRID VCA, the industry's first visual computing appliance -- enabling businesses to deliver ultra-fast GPU performance to any Windows, Linux or Mac client on their network.
- Announced that NVIDIA GRID-based servers are now available from Dell, HP and IBM, and that NVIDIA GRID-enabled software is available from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware.
- Introduced its first fully integrated 4G LTE mobile processor, NVIDIA Tegra 4i, which is three times faster yet half the size of its nearest competitor.
- Introduced GeForce GTX TITAN for gamers, with the DNA of the world's fastest supercomputer and powered by world's fastest GPU.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution