MSI proudly announced the release of its new EPIC embedded board MS-98D1. The MS-98D1 is a compact EPIC size embedded board with Intel Atom Dual Core processor for low-power fanless solution. Featuring with dual core, fanless design, rich I/O, and wide input voltage of 9 to 36 VDC, the MS-98D1 is especially ideal for industrial applications that involve control and communications, or any industrial fields that require fanless embedded systems.
The dual Gigabit LAN built-in also benefit the target applications by providing broad-band communication capability that is required by many industrial fields. For some systems that need additional communication or I/O interfaces, the PCI-104 slot of MS-98D1 allows system integrators to stack more modules with no limits, offering more application possibilities with this small board. Moreover, 2 independent displays with VGA, DVI, and Dual LVDS outputs enable the MS-98D1 to be applied for remote monitoring and control systems as well.
Unlike the most EPIC embedded board on the market with 12 VDC power input only, the MS-98D1 offers a wide-range input voltage from 9 to 36 VDC, making it ideal for mission-critical industrial field-site applications, which mostly use 24VDC power inputs. In order to provide more add-on-features to enable more application possibilities, the MS-98D1 is designed with dual Mini-PCIe and a stackable PCI-104 slots for unlimited expansion, such as WiFi, 3G, TV tuner, etc. You can choose any communication networking, I/O, or storage modules to enable more your systems with extended functions.
Featuring with Intel Atom Dual Core low-power processor, the MS-98D1 offers a perfect-fitting processing power for industrial control and communications, while keeping the system cool for higher reliability. The dual Gigabit LAN built-in also benefit the target industrial applications by providing broad-band communication capability. The rich interfaces of 6 COM, 6 USB, parallel, PS/2, 8 GPIO, dual Mini-PCIe, and stackable PCI-104 allow the system to connect as many peripheral devices and communication modules as possible. Moreover, 2 independent displays with VGA, DVI, and Dual LVDS outputs enable the MS-98D1 in remote monitoring and control systems as well.
To fulfill the application needs in this high-density communication networking age, MS-98D1 offers dual Gigabit LAN for broad-band communication. The Mini-PCIe and PCI-104 stackable interface also benefit this kind of communication demand for applications such as process automation, control and communication in utility automation, or transportation (bus, subway, wayside cabinet, etc.). In addition, the innovative design of the onboard 3G SIM-card holder* for Mini-PCIe slot allows system integrator to embedded 3G network without extra effort to redesign the card holder in the system, which greatly saving time and cost required.
*MSI is the first provider to design the SIM card holder on industrial embedded board. Almost all of the 3G add-on cards available on the market do not come with an onboard SIM card holder, and it bothers system integrators with redesigning the system simply for the SIM card holder.
- Intel Atom D2550/N2800/N2600 Dual Core processor for low-power fanless solution
- Support DDR3 1066MHz SO-DIMM memory up to 4GB
- 9~36 VDC wide input voltage enable more stable power source for industrial applications
- 2 independent displays with VGA, DVI, and Dual LVDS supported
- Dual Gigabit LAN for high-bandwidth networking applications
- Dual Mini-PCIe for expansion, offering more application possibilities
- 6 COM ports and 6 USB 2.0 for multiple serial/USB connections
- Stackable PCI-104 to expand industrial modules without limits, such as WiFi, LAN, COM modules
- Designed with 3G SIM-card holder onboard, ready for 3G Mini-PCIe application
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series