McAfee today announced the execution of a definitive agreement to initiate a conditional tender offer for the acquisition of Stonesoft Oyj, a leading innovator in next-generation network firewall products, for an aggregate equity value of approximately $389 million in cash.
Stonesoft delivers software-based, dynamic, customer-driven, cyber security solutions to secure information flow and simplify security management. Stonesoft's product portfolio of next-generation firewalls, evasion prevention systems, and SSL VPN solutions addresses businesses of all sizes. Through the pending acquisition of Stonesoft, McAfee expects to extend its leadership position in network security.
"With the pending addition of Stonesoft's products and services, McAfee is making a significant investment in next-generation firewall technology. These solutions anticipate emerging customer needs in a continually evolving threat landscape," said Michael DeCesare, McAfee President. "Stonesoft is a leading innovator in this important market segment. We plan to integrate Stonesoft's offerings with other McAfee products to realize the power of McAfee's Security Connected strategy. Stonesoft products will benefit from the collective expertise of more than 7,200 McAfee employees. Leveraging McAfee's cloud-based Global Threat Intelligence service will provide our combined customers with unparalleled security."
The rationale for the proposed acquisition is as follows:
- Network security is a vital component of a comprehensive security solution. Next-generation firewalls solve critical customer needs and represent one of the fastest growing market segments in network security.
- Stonesoft is a leading innovator in the next-generation firewall segment. Gartner positioned the company as "visionary" in the 2013 Network Security Firewall Magic Quadrant. Stonesoft achieved "Recommend" status in NSS Labs' latest 2013 firewall tests.
- With Stonesoft, McAfee expects to grow its network security business by delivering the industry's most complete network security solution with three leading platforms: McAfee's IPS Network Security Platform, McAfee's Firewall Enterprise for the high assurance market segment, and Stonesoft's next-generation firewall.
Based in Helsinki, Finland, Stonesoft is trusted by more than 6,500 customers across the globe. Stonesoft's customer base can now benefit from an integrated, comprehensive security solution through McAfee. Similarly, McAfee's extensive, global customer base will benefit from access to a highly-innovative next-generation firewall. Stonesoft's innovative next-generation firewall, when combined with McAfee's market leading IPS and high assurance firewall, provides customers with one of the most complete network security portfolios in the industry.
"The combination of the two companies allows Stonesoft to benefit from McAfee's global presence and sales organization of over 2,200 employees, best-in-class threat research and technology synergies," said Ilkka Hiidenheimo, Chief Executive Officer of Stonesoft. "Combined, we believe we can offer our customers a world-class product portfolio with world-class support ? all backed by Intel."
For additional information, please reference https://www.mcafee.com/us/about/mcafee-stonesoft.aspx.
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases