MSI Brings Love to Remote Areas
¡¾Taipei¡¿MSI's global philanthropic efforts target Taiwan in a second wave of events! MSI is donating a second batch of MSI Wind U100s to ten outstanding Digital Opportunity Centers (DOC) chosen from the Ministry of Education's 40 Digital Opportunity Centers. Remote towns and villages have difficulty accessing information, as many families living in remote areas do not have computers or Internet connections. This lack of information, compared to the abundance in urban areas, has created a digital chasm. Colleagues from MSI personally visited four Digital Opportunity Centers to understand and show concern.
A fourth-year student from Meifeng Elementary School created and sent this card, shaped like a MSI Wind U100, from the Changhwa Dachen DOC.
MSI representatives visited Digital Opportunity Centers in four remote regions ¨C Chiayi Lucao, Nantou Jiji, Nantou Shingming, and Changhwa Dachen. During this trip, it was clear that difficulties in promoting education in these areas stemmed from physical factors such as lack of equipment, poor environment, and remote locations as well as social factors, like entrenched thinking, children being raised by grandparents and foreign brides, and passive attitudes. However, MSI colleagues witnessed the enthusiasm of DOC personnel as they strove to provide community service despite the lack of resources and teachers. Their goal is to promote public understanding of the importance of information and to increase accessibility to information through use of computers and the Internet.
DOC personnel were all very excited upon the arrival of MSI representatives and expressed their gratitude for the gift of MSI Wind U100. The MSI donation brings mobility and convenience to these Digital Opportunity Centers, allowing them to conduct interviews, health checkups, promotional events within the community, and help with classroom activities.
MSI representative (right) presenting the director of the Lucao Digital Opportunity Center, located in Chiayi County's Lucao Township, with a MSI Wind U100.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower