MSI Brings Love to Remote Areas
¡¾Taipei¡¿MSI's global philanthropic efforts target Taiwan in a second wave of events! MSI is donating a second batch of MSI Wind U100s to ten outstanding Digital Opportunity Centers (DOC) chosen from the Ministry of Education's 40 Digital Opportunity Centers. Remote towns and villages have difficulty accessing information, as many families living in remote areas do not have computers or Internet connections. This lack of information, compared to the abundance in urban areas, has created a digital chasm. Colleagues from MSI personally visited four Digital Opportunity Centers to understand and show concern.
A fourth-year student from Meifeng Elementary School created and sent this card, shaped like a MSI Wind U100, from the Changhwa Dachen DOC.
MSI representatives visited Digital Opportunity Centers in four remote regions ¨C Chiayi Lucao, Nantou Jiji, Nantou Shingming, and Changhwa Dachen. During this trip, it was clear that difficulties in promoting education in these areas stemmed from physical factors such as lack of equipment, poor environment, and remote locations as well as social factors, like entrenched thinking, children being raised by grandparents and foreign brides, and passive attitudes. However, MSI colleagues witnessed the enthusiasm of DOC personnel as they strove to provide community service despite the lack of resources and teachers. Their goal is to promote public understanding of the importance of information and to increase accessibility to information through use of computers and the Internet.
DOC personnel were all very excited upon the arrival of MSI representatives and expressed their gratitude for the gift of MSI Wind U100. The MSI donation brings mobility and convenience to these Digital Opportunity Centers, allowing them to conduct interviews, health checkups, promotional events within the community, and help with classroom activities.
MSI representative (right) presenting the director of the Lucao Digital Opportunity Center, located in Chiayi County's Lucao Township, with a MSI Wind U100.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefront II almost had entirely cosmetic lootboxes
- Cyberpunk 2077 should have online elements
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ