MSI Brings Love to Remote Areas
¡¾Taipei¡¿MSI's global philanthropic efforts target Taiwan in a second wave of events! MSI is donating a second batch of MSI Wind U100s to ten outstanding Digital Opportunity Centers (DOC) chosen from the Ministry of Education's 40 Digital Opportunity Centers. Remote towns and villages have difficulty accessing information, as many families living in remote areas do not have computers or Internet connections. This lack of information, compared to the abundance in urban areas, has created a digital chasm. Colleagues from MSI personally visited four Digital Opportunity Centers to understand and show concern.
A fourth-year student from Meifeng Elementary School created and sent this card, shaped like a MSI Wind U100, from the Changhwa Dachen DOC.
MSI representatives visited Digital Opportunity Centers in four remote regions ¨C Chiayi Lucao, Nantou Jiji, Nantou Shingming, and Changhwa Dachen. During this trip, it was clear that difficulties in promoting education in these areas stemmed from physical factors such as lack of equipment, poor environment, and remote locations as well as social factors, like entrenched thinking, children being raised by grandparents and foreign brides, and passive attitudes. However, MSI colleagues witnessed the enthusiasm of DOC personnel as they strove to provide community service despite the lack of resources and teachers. Their goal is to promote public understanding of the importance of information and to increase accessibility to information through use of computers and the Internet.
DOC personnel were all very excited upon the arrival of MSI representatives and expressed their gratitude for the gift of MSI Wind U100. The MSI donation brings mobility and convenience to these Digital Opportunity Centers, allowing them to conduct interviews, health checkups, promotional events within the community, and help with classroom activities.
MSI representative (right) presenting the director of the Lucao Digital Opportunity Center, located in Chiayi County's Lucao Township, with a MSI Wind U100.
Latest News Posts
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1650 starts at $149 and uses 75W
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes