MSI Brings Love to Remote Areas
¡¾Taipei¡¿MSI's global philanthropic efforts target Taiwan in a second wave of events! MSI is donating a second batch of MSI Wind U100s to ten outstanding Digital Opportunity Centers (DOC) chosen from the Ministry of Education's 40 Digital Opportunity Centers. Remote towns and villages have difficulty accessing information, as many families living in remote areas do not have computers or Internet connections. This lack of information, compared to the abundance in urban areas, has created a digital chasm. Colleagues from MSI personally visited four Digital Opportunity Centers to understand and show concern.
A fourth-year student from Meifeng Elementary School created and sent this card, shaped like a MSI Wind U100, from the Changhwa Dachen DOC.
MSI representatives visited Digital Opportunity Centers in four remote regions ¨C Chiayi Lucao, Nantou Jiji, Nantou Shingming, and Changhwa Dachen. During this trip, it was clear that difficulties in promoting education in these areas stemmed from physical factors such as lack of equipment, poor environment, and remote locations as well as social factors, like entrenched thinking, children being raised by grandparents and foreign brides, and passive attitudes. However, MSI colleagues witnessed the enthusiasm of DOC personnel as they strove to provide community service despite the lack of resources and teachers. Their goal is to promote public understanding of the importance of information and to increase accessibility to information through use of computers and the Internet.
DOC personnel were all very excited upon the arrival of MSI representatives and expressed their gratitude for the gift of MSI Wind U100. The MSI donation brings mobility and convenience to these Digital Opportunity Centers, allowing them to conduct interviews, health checkups, promotional events within the community, and help with classroom activities.
MSI representative (right) presenting the director of the Lucao Digital Opportunity Center, located in Chiayi County's Lucao Township, with a MSI Wind U100.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft does NOT block keyboard/mouse support on Xbox One
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Someone just bought close to $400 million worth of Bitcoin
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit