April 2013, Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, announces the industry's first 20-drive, single-port 6GB/s SATA RAID HBA, the RocketRAID 644LS. Powered by HighPoint's 6Gb/s SATA Port Multiplier architecture and industry-proven RAID IP, the RocketRAID 644LS represents the industry's best SATA RAID storage performance value, and is fully compatible with PC and Mac computing platforms.
Second Generation SATA 6Gb/s Performance
The RocketRAID 644LS utilizes the latest SATA storage technology, HighPoint's 6Gb/s SATA Port Multiplier Architecture, and a PCIe 2.0 host interface to deliver a blazing fast transfer bandwidth - ideal for large scale RAID 5 configurations comprised of today's cost-effective, high-capacity 6Gb/s SATA hard disk drives.
Supports up to 20 drives from a single Mini-SAS Port
80TB of direct-attached storage from a single cable; configuring large-scale, RAID storage solutions has never been easier! No other 6Gb/s SATA RAID HBA's can deliver this much capacity from a single connection! The RocketRAID 644LS's industry standard SFF-8088 port directly supports up to 4 SATA hard drives, and as many as 20 when used in conjunction with port-multiplier compatible storage chassis and enclosures.
Best Cost/Performance SATA 6Gb/s RAID 5 Solution
The RocketRAID 644LS represents industry's ideal 6Gb/s SATA RAID 5 cost-performance storage solution. An unbeatable combination of HighPoint's industry-proven RAID IP and storage expansion technology, a PCIe2.0 x4 host interface, support for 80TB of storage from a single port, and affordable pricing, makes the RocketRAID 644LS the industry's best 6Gb/s SATA RAID storage value.
The RocketRAID 644LS is supports a variety of storage configurations including RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 and JBOD. The easy to use Web-based Management interface includes advanced RAID features such as Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) and Online RAID Level Migration (ORLE) which allow customers to scale, upgrade or convert existing storage configurations whenever the need arises.
Supports all Major Computing Platforms
The RocketRAID 644LS was designed with maximum compatibility in mind, and can be easily integrated into any PC and Mac computing platform. The PCIe 2.0 x4 host interface, low-profile form factor and Mini-SAS connectivity ensure compliance with industry standard motherboards, backplanes and storage chassis.
The RocketRAID 644LS's comprehensive RAID Storage Management suite is available for all major operating systems and includes BIOS-level storage management, an intuitive Web-based interface, and a selection of CLI packages available for Linux and FreeBSD platforms.
Availability and Pricing
The RocketRAID 644LS will be available in April 2013, from our worldwide network of retail and distribution partners.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard