April 2013, Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, announces the industry's first 20-drive, single-port 6GB/s SATA RAID HBA, the RocketRAID 644LS. Powered by HighPoint's 6Gb/s SATA Port Multiplier architecture and industry-proven RAID IP, the RocketRAID 644LS represents the industry's best SATA RAID storage performance value, and is fully compatible with PC and Mac computing platforms.
Second Generation SATA 6Gb/s Performance
The RocketRAID 644LS utilizes the latest SATA storage technology, HighPoint's 6Gb/s SATA Port Multiplier Architecture, and a PCIe 2.0 host interface to deliver a blazing fast transfer bandwidth - ideal for large scale RAID 5 configurations comprised of today's cost-effective, high-capacity 6Gb/s SATA hard disk drives.
Supports up to 20 drives from a single Mini-SAS Port
80TB of direct-attached storage from a single cable; configuring large-scale, RAID storage solutions has never been easier! No other 6Gb/s SATA RAID HBA's can deliver this much capacity from a single connection! The RocketRAID 644LS's industry standard SFF-8088 port directly supports up to 4 SATA hard drives, and as many as 20 when used in conjunction with port-multiplier compatible storage chassis and enclosures.
Best Cost/Performance SATA 6Gb/s RAID 5 Solution
The RocketRAID 644LS represents industry's ideal 6Gb/s SATA RAID 5 cost-performance storage solution. An unbeatable combination of HighPoint's industry-proven RAID IP and storage expansion technology, a PCIe2.0 x4 host interface, support for 80TB of storage from a single port, and affordable pricing, makes the RocketRAID 644LS the industry's best 6Gb/s SATA RAID storage value.
The RocketRAID 644LS is supports a variety of storage configurations including RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 and JBOD. The easy to use Web-based Management interface includes advanced RAID features such as Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) and Online RAID Level Migration (ORLE) which allow customers to scale, upgrade or convert existing storage configurations whenever the need arises.
Supports all Major Computing Platforms
The RocketRAID 644LS was designed with maximum compatibility in mind, and can be easily integrated into any PC and Mac computing platform. The PCIe 2.0 x4 host interface, low-profile form factor and Mini-SAS connectivity ensure compliance with industry standard motherboards, backplanes and storage chassis.
The RocketRAID 644LS's comprehensive RAID Storage Management suite is available for all major operating systems and includes BIOS-level storage management, an intuitive Web-based interface, and a selection of CLI packages available for Linux and FreeBSD platforms.
Availability and Pricing
The RocketRAID 644LS will be available in April 2013, from our worldwide network of retail and distribution partners.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite now has over 250 million registered players
- Carmageddon developer announces ShockRods at GDC 2019
- Xbox will 'go big' with streaming at E3 2019
- $399 Oculus Rift S has inside-out tracking, 1440p resolution
- No, Disney won't make its own Star Wars games
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today