April 2013, Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, announces the industry's first 40-Port SATA 6Gb/s HBA - the Rocket 750.
HighPoint is proud to introduce our innovative SATA Aggregation Technology to the storage marketplace - this revolutionary architecture allows a single host adapter card to support up to 40 SATA hard drives, and represents the industry's lowest-cost mass SATA storage solution. The Rocket 750 is ideal for applications that require huge levels of storage capacity such as data Libraries, archiving and backup solutions, but need to maximize cost savings over SAS expander-based configurations. Powered by a PCIe 2.0 x8 host interface, 40 device channels, and HighPoint's Intelligent Storage Health Management Suite, the Rocket 750 is an ideal DAS solution for PC platforms and SMB server applications.
Simplified Mass Storage Connectivity
Direct Connectivity: 1 Channel per Drive - 40-disks from a single HBA!
The Rocket 750's revolutionary HBA architecture removes the need for costly SAS expander devices and chassis backplane hardware, dramatically reducing up-front costs. The PCIe 2.0 x8 host interface and 6Gb/s SATA controller hardware deliver the ideal transfer bandwidth for applications focused on maximizing available storage capacity.
Each device port supports up to four SATA hard drives: A single Rocket 750 is capable of supporting up to 40 4TB 6Gb/s SATA disks, for an unprecedented 160TB of directed-attached storage. The industry-standard SFF-8087 Mini-SAS connectors streamline installation, upgrade and maintenance procedures and ensure maximum compatibility with industry standard storage cabling, accessories & chassis hardware.
Intelligent Storage Health Manager
High-Density Storage Management at your fingertips - Instantly check the status of any storage device!
HighPoint has long recognized the value of unified management services. While other affordable mass storage solutions make do with the operating system's default utilities, or the disk manufacturer storage related monitoring software, Rocket 750 HBA's include HighPoint's comprehensive management suite known as Intelligent Storage Health Manager (ISHM).
This intuitive web-based interface is available for all major PC operating system platforms, and includes a wide selection of storage related monitoring and notification services.
ISHM allows administrators to instantly check the status of all hosted storage devices, including available capacity, the condition of individual drives, and the health of the Rocket 750 HBA. The built-in SMART monitoring service provides real time data for each individual SATA hard drive, and actively records all warnings errors, and hardware related failures associated with each device to the central Event Log.
ISHM allows administrators to login remotely via an internet connection or local network, and configure Email notification and alert services to keep abreast of changing storage conditions while in the field.
Major Operating System Platform Ready
HighPoint has developed a series of software suites that allow professional solution providers to quickly and easily integrate the Rocket 750 into all major PC operating system platforms including Windows 2012, 2008, 2007, and 8, Linux Distributions, and FreeBSD.
Availability and Pricing
The Rocket 750 will be available in April 2013 from our worldwide network of retail and distribution partners.
MSRP: USD$ 739.00
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit