Taipei, Taiwan - March 26, 2013 - ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today announced the release of thinner and lighter versions of its solid state drives. With a thickness of just 7mm, these SSD models are extremely suitable for slim-design laptop and Ultrabook computers.
The standard thickness for 2.5" form factor hard disk drives is 9.5mm. However, the market trend towards thinner and lighter notebook computers has influenced the design requirements for all components, especially hard drives. ADATA's 7mm SSDs have reduced thickness, with no loss of speed, capacity, or durability, and are evidence of the company's well-known determination to maintain competitiveness by maximizing versatility of its product offerings. The new SSDs will come with 2.5mm plastic holders, so that they can still be used with existing 9.5mm drive slots.
ADATA already enjoys a reputation as an innovator and leader in the NAND Flash application field, and the company's SSDs have proven to be popular with consumers around the globe. This thinner form factor demonstrate that ADATA looks to remain a leader in solid state technology.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit