Taipei, Taiwan, March 14th 2013 - GIGABYTE Technology, strong of many years of experience in design and manufacturing of high performance server and workstation hardware, is very proud to present the GS-R22PHL supercomputing module. Designed and optimized for computing accelerators such as the Intel Xeon Phi and Nvidia Tesla product lines, this 2U rack offers nothing less than the ability to receive up to 8 double slot GPU/MIC cards when other similar 2U racks on the market can receive up to 6 cards at best.
Those 8 cards are supported by a central backbone made of a dual socket platform supporting the Intel Xeon processors E5-2600 product family, a dual 10G BASE-T and a dual 10G SFP+ LAN controllers, up to 512GB of ECC memory, and 8 x 2.5" hot-swappable HDD bays supporting SAS 6Gbs or SATA 6Gbs revisions.
This unprecedented computing density will satisfy the needs of organizations seeking the largest amount of computing power and a minimal footprint at the same time. Indeed, the GS-R22PHL is a highly energy efficient system thanks to Gigabyte's innovative rack design and internal placement. Built with a power saving architecture, including high performance 80mm fans and a top efficiency (80PLUS Platinum level) 1600W redundant power supply, this product shows excellent airflow and thermal properties and manages to keep the power consumption at the lowest levels possible. This combination of large computing capability, high energy efficiency and compact 2U footprint allows the GS-R22PHL to deliver extreme megaflops per watt performance and therefore to help the most advanced supercomputing infrastructures to significantly drive their energy consumption down while boosting the execution of their applications.
With such power, this system is able to offer vast gains in processing time for the most supercomputing intensive applications, from cutting-edge rendering farms to the latest simulations in leading scientific research. With its unique computing cards capacity, the GS-R22PHL opens the door to new records in teraflops performance within a 2U chassis. It is therefore one of the best solutions to accelerate development and programs in scientific simulation & modeling, engineering, visualization & rendering, data mining, and much more.
Please visit the GS-R22PHL's product page for its complete specifications.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- Thieves rob van full of Total War: Warhammer 2 CE's
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- ASUS H97-Plus Various Boot Issues
- Transcend StoreJet 25C3N 1TB Portable HDD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower