Taipei, Taiwan, March 14th 2013 - GIGABYTE Technology, strong of many years of experience in design and manufacturing of high performance server and workstation hardware, is very proud to present the GS-R22PHL supercomputing module. Designed and optimized for computing accelerators such as the Intel Xeon Phi and Nvidia Tesla product lines, this 2U rack offers nothing less than the ability to receive up to 8 double slot GPU/MIC cards when other similar 2U racks on the market can receive up to 6 cards at best.
Those 8 cards are supported by a central backbone made of a dual socket platform supporting the Intel Xeon processors E5-2600 product family, a dual 10G BASE-T and a dual 10G SFP+ LAN controllers, up to 512GB of ECC memory, and 8 x 2.5" hot-swappable HDD bays supporting SAS 6Gbs or SATA 6Gbs revisions.
This unprecedented computing density will satisfy the needs of organizations seeking the largest amount of computing power and a minimal footprint at the same time. Indeed, the GS-R22PHL is a highly energy efficient system thanks to Gigabyte's innovative rack design and internal placement. Built with a power saving architecture, including high performance 80mm fans and a top efficiency (80PLUS Platinum level) 1600W redundant power supply, this product shows excellent airflow and thermal properties and manages to keep the power consumption at the lowest levels possible. This combination of large computing capability, high energy efficiency and compact 2U footprint allows the GS-R22PHL to deliver extreme megaflops per watt performance and therefore to help the most advanced supercomputing infrastructures to significantly drive their energy consumption down while boosting the execution of their applications.
With such power, this system is able to offer vast gains in processing time for the most supercomputing intensive applications, from cutting-edge rendering farms to the latest simulations in leading scientific research. With its unique computing cards capacity, the GS-R22PHL opens the door to new records in teraflops performance within a 2U chassis. It is therefore one of the best solutions to accelerate development and programs in scientific simulation & modeling, engineering, visualization & rendering, data mining, and much more.
Please visit the GS-R22PHL's product page for its complete specifications.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam