Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, expands its range of All-in-One PCs with integrated monitors and adds a 46.7 cm (18.5") version to its original 39.5 cm (15.6") machines.
As well as offering a larger display, the new Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S also provides significantly more power. For the first time conventional Intel desktop processors can be used for the LGA1155 socket, e.g. Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (up to 65 W TDP, heatpipe-cooled). DDR3 RAM up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots. The 5.7 x 46.8 x 36.4 cm (DWH) chassis of the X70S also has space for a 2.5" drive (SSD/HDD) as well as expansions via the Mini-PCIe slot, which can be fitted, for example, with an mSATA module.
The new model comes with Wi-Fi, webcam, microphone and stereo speakers for communication and media playback. Connectors for external speakers and microphone are also available. A second monitor can be hooked up via the HDMI interface. There are 2x USB 3.0 and 6x USB 2.0 ports on the side of the machine. The integrated card reader can read and write to standard SD memory cards.
The two Gigabit network cards of the X70S, up to three serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT) make the system suitable for unconventional applications. If you remove the pedestal at the rear of the machine, the X70S can be fitted to a VESA wall mount, monitor arm or floor stand.
"We envisage the X70S being used in the digital signage segment, as a service terminal at POI, as a till system at POS or simply as a powerful desktop PC, depending on configuration," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "With its size, this machine fills an interesting gap and opens up interesting scenarios in combination with a second monitor."
With the separately available PCL70 accessory, the X70S can be expanded with two additional serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT).
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S is EUR 452.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now. For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit