HP today announced its first Chromebook, widening the company's extensive PC and workstation portfolio and expanding its multiOS approach to offer customers more choices.
The HP Pavilion 14 Chromebook boasts a display that's approximately 2 inches wider (diagonally) than any other Chromebook in the market today. It provides a fast and easy gateway to a seamless Google experience with popular products like Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive and Google+ Hangouts for multiperson video chat as well as access to apps in the Chrome Web Store. A 14-inch diagonal design provides an ideal balance of mobility and comfort, while the HP BrightView display lets users see and surf easily.
The HP Pavilion Chromebook joins HP's PC portfolio as an ideal companion PC for the home.
"Google's Chrome OS is showing great appeal to a growing customer base," said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer PCs, Printing and Personal Systems, HP. "With HP's Chromebook, customers can get the best of the Google experience on a full-sized laptop -- all backed up by our service and brand."
Instant access to digital life
With the HP Pavilion Chromebook, customers can effortlessly and quickly access Google applications, social networks, websites and other content such as photos and documents. Constant automatic updates to applications and the Chrome OS mean that software and security is effortlessly kept up to date.
Powered by an Intel Celeron processor and Intel high-definition (HD) graphics, the HP Pavilion Chromebook includes a 16 GB solid-state drive for fast start-up times. Extra hardware security via the built-in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects against unauthorized access to sensitive data and credentials so customers can feel confident that personal data is protected. The HP Pavilion Chromebook weighs just under 4 pounds.
A full array of ports including HDMI, USB 2.0 and Ethernet jack, and a combination headphone and microphone jack allow for fast and easy connections to displays and other devices.
The HP Pavilion Chromebook features an HP Imprint design in sparkling black, up to 4 GB of memory and a removable battery. An HP TrueVision HD Webcam offers superb viewing experience, even in low lighting conditions.
With 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years, customers can access their content from any internet-connected device -- while at home or on the go. Plus, users can visit the Chrome Web Store to customize their HP Chromebook by downloading applications for work or play.
Pricing and availability
The Chromebook is available in the United States with a starting price of $329.99 at HPDirect.com.
Additional information about the HP Chromebook is available at https://www.hp.com/go/chromebook.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz