Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the addition of new two terabyte offerings to its Canvio storage lineup, including a 2 TB Canvio Basics 3.0 portable hard drive and a 2 TB Canvio Special Edition portable hard drive.
"We understand that consumers have varying capacity needs and we strive to provide solutions that match differing requirements," said Maciek Brzeski, vice president of product marketing and development of branded storage products, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Our new 2TB solutions now provide our customers that are looking for basic functionality with an increased storage capacity, as the most basic users are continuing to grow an expansive digital library."
Canvio Basics 3.0: Storage in a Box
Toshiba's simplest storage solution, the Canvio Basics 3.0, is now available in a 2 TB capacity, which can store up to 571,000 digital photos, 526,000 digital music files or 1,640 downloaded digital movies. As with the rest of the offerings within the Canvio Basics 3.0 line, software setup is not necessary.
Consumers are able to use this solution right out of the box and begin saving their digital files by simply connecting it to their PC. The Canvio Basics 3.0 supports USB 3.0 for rapid transfer speeds, is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and is also equipped with a special internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology to keep consumers' digital files safe against accidental drops.
Canvio Special Edition Portable Hard Drive
Toshiba's Canvio Special Edition Portable Hard Drive provides users with spacious storage capacity and a complete, yet simple-to-use backup solution. The included NTI Backup Now EZ software makes backing up systems fast and simple, and provides users with the option of backing up their digital files to the cloud, backing up their files and folders to their Canvio portable hard drive, backing up everything saved on their PC, or doing all three for the most comprehensive coverage.
Pricing and Availability
The 2 TB Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 portable hard drive is available for purchase for $189.99 MSRP in select retail locations and on ToshibaDirect.com.
The 2 TB Toshiba Canvio Special Edition portable hard drive is available for $219.99 MSRP exclusively at Best Buy and BestBuy.com.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA