24th January 2013 - Building on the success of its EDGE HD series, hailed as the smallest fully featured PC in the world, SAPPHIRE Technology, a world leading manufacturer and supplier of PC graphics cards, mainboards and professional graphics solutions has just introduced a new model, the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 mini-PC, based on the latest mobile processor technology from Intel.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 shares the same slim, stylish outline as the earlier models but delivers increased performance as a result of incorporating the latest Celeron 847 processor from Intel. Like the earlier models, it is slimmer and smaller than most wireless access points, in fact around the size of a paperback book! Its stylish design and simple pedestal mount make it equally at home next to a TV or a business monitor whilst occupying the minimum of desk or shelf space.
Despite its small size, the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 is a fully featured PC for home, education or business use. In the home, its compact size is a welcome replacement for a bulky traditional PC whether for browsing the internet, children's homework or home office tasks, with many applications accelerated by state-of-the-art technology. Built in HD video capability enables the smooth streaming of video content over HDMI to a TV or monitor and the stylish design is just as at home in the living room as in the study.
For business, the industry standard Intel processor in the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 accelerates Office tasks and many business applications, whilst occupying a fraction of the desk space of a regular PC and consuming many times less power. In education, it is more than capable of running the multiple applications required, and its small size allows easy transfer to different locations as needed. In both cases the built in networking by cable or wireless is easily configured, and inclusion of the socket for a Kensington lock ensures security against unauthorized removal.
In addition to the Intel Celeron 847 processor, specifications of the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 include 4GB of DDR3 memory, a 320GB hard drive and built in wireless connectivity as well as high speed LAN port, one USB 3.0 and three USB 2.0 ports. It provides high resolution graphics output with a full HD (1920x1080) HDMI interface (with an HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI adapter also supplied) as well as a VGA monitor output and it has built-in audio with mic-in and line-out sockets.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 Mini PC is ideal for integration into an office or education environment. The end user or system integrator has a free choice of keyboard or mouse, which can be either wireless or USB connected. The new SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, Vista or Windows XP. All appropriate drivers are supplied on CD.
The SAPPHIRE Mini PC family now offers a choice of Intel CPU or AMD APU based solutions and is a top scorer in power efficiency. Consuming less than 30W even under load, the members of the SAPPHIRE Mini PC family use around 10 times less power than a typical desktop PC, and less than most notebooks, making them amongst the Greenest PC solutions available. Power and space savings alone can justify switching to the SAPPHIRE Mini PC series for many businesses.
For more details please visit https://www.sapphiretech.com
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit