24th January 2013 - Building on the success of its EDGE HD series, hailed as the smallest fully featured PC in the world, SAPPHIRE Technology, a world leading manufacturer and supplier of PC graphics cards, mainboards and professional graphics solutions has just introduced a new model, the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 mini-PC, based on the latest mobile processor technology from Intel.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 shares the same slim, stylish outline as the earlier models but delivers increased performance as a result of incorporating the latest Celeron 847 processor from Intel. Like the earlier models, it is slimmer and smaller than most wireless access points, in fact around the size of a paperback book! Its stylish design and simple pedestal mount make it equally at home next to a TV or a business monitor whilst occupying the minimum of desk or shelf space.
Despite its small size, the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 is a fully featured PC for home, education or business use. In the home, its compact size is a welcome replacement for a bulky traditional PC whether for browsing the internet, children's homework or home office tasks, with many applications accelerated by state-of-the-art technology. Built in HD video capability enables the smooth streaming of video content over HDMI to a TV or monitor and the stylish design is just as at home in the living room as in the study.
For business, the industry standard Intel processor in the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 accelerates Office tasks and many business applications, whilst occupying a fraction of the desk space of a regular PC and consuming many times less power. In education, it is more than capable of running the multiple applications required, and its small size allows easy transfer to different locations as needed. In both cases the built in networking by cable or wireless is easily configured, and inclusion of the socket for a Kensington lock ensures security against unauthorized removal.
In addition to the Intel Celeron 847 processor, specifications of the SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 include 4GB of DDR3 memory, a 320GB hard drive and built in wireless connectivity as well as high speed LAN port, one USB 3.0 and three USB 2.0 ports. It provides high resolution graphics output with a full HD (1920x1080) HDMI interface (with an HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI adapter also supplied) as well as a VGA monitor output and it has built-in audio with mic-in and line-out sockets.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 Mini PC is ideal for integration into an office or education environment. The end user or system integrator has a free choice of keyboard or mouse, which can be either wireless or USB connected. The new SAPPHIRE EDGE HD4 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, Vista or Windows XP. All appropriate drivers are supplied on CD.
The SAPPHIRE Mini PC family now offers a choice of Intel CPU or AMD APU based solutions and is a top scorer in power efficiency. Consuming less than 30W even under load, the members of the SAPPHIRE Mini PC family use around 10 times less power than a typical desktop PC, and less than most notebooks, making them amongst the Greenest PC solutions available. Power and space savings alone can justify switching to the SAPPHIRE Mini PC series for many businesses.
For more details please visit https://www.sapphiretech.com
Latest News Posts
- DOOM Eternal's new 'Battlemode' to be shown at QuakeCon 2019
- Galaxy Note 10 should rock Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 855+
- Early Alan Wake 2 concepts led to Quantum Break and Control
- Red Dead Redemption remaster rumors are fake, of course
- Wolfenstein 3 should have online co-op and multiplayer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER in NVLink Benchmarked
- NZXT H510 Elite Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- NZXT H210i Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER: Fastest GDDR6 EVER!
- Loss of SLI/Second GPU upon installing Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt PCIE Card with I7-6800k, GA-X99 Ultra Gaming Motherboard
- Battle Heresy from Within - Heretek is Out Now
- NPCI launches RuPay JCB Global Card
- Headspun Is Coming This September Discounted Pre-Order Announced
- Grab the Beta Test of 'WATCHERS,' a Battle Royale Styled Top-Down Shooter
- And now it's living in a box: Cities: Skylines for Nintendo Switch now available as boxed product