New Kingston High-Performance SATA SSDs Targeted for Enterprise Markets
Sydney, Australia - (January 21, 2009) - Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, announced today it is shipping the first two products in its SSDNow line of solid-state drives (SSD) with the SSDNow E Series and SSDNow M Series. Kingston is targeting its SSDs to Fortune 1000 companies and select vertical markets. The SSDNow E Series is specifically designed for the enterprise server environment while the SSDNow M Series is built for the road warrior who demands ultimate performance from a notebook PC. The Kingston SSDNow E and M Series use Intel's solid-state drives, which are the best-performing drives on the market.
"We are thrilled to enter the solid-state drive market with our SSDNow E and M Series SSDs. The combination of the fastest SSDs in the world along with Kingston's tremendous distribution capabilities and legendary customer service will position us to succeed in this arena," said Vaughan Nankivell, Regional Manager- Australia and New Zealand for Kingston Technology.. "The performance capabilities of these first two offerings are off the charts and our enterprise customers will be very pleased to use them in servers and corporate laptop computers."
The SSDNow E and M series drives create greater return on investment through increased performance due to impressive input and output operations per second (IOPS). The SSDNow E Series' higher IOPS means enterprises need significantly fewer SSDs compared to standard hard disk drives (HDD), which also leads to energy savings in a server environment. The SSDNow M Series high IOPS allows for faster boot times and quicker application load times which help mobile power users become even more productive.
Kingston's SSDNow uses a standard SATA hard disk drive interface but unlike an HDD, they are very rugged and can withstand shock and extreme environments as there are no moving parts. Kingston's SSDNow E and M Series drives are equipped with S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) to monitor the integrity and reliability of the drives. The drives are backed by a three-year warranty and free tech support.
Kingston SSDNow M and E Series Features and Specifications:
• Fast: SSDNow E Series: 250MB/sec. read, 170MB/sec. write; SSDNow M Series: 250MB/sec. read, 70MB/sec. write
• Durable: no moving mechanical parts, enabling the SSD to handle rougher conditions
• Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, free tech support
• Form factor: 2.5"
• Interface: SATA 1.5 Gb/sec. and 3.0 Gb/sec.
• Capacity**: SSDNow E Series: 32GB; SSDNow M Series 80GB
• Storage temperatures: -55° C to 95° C
• Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
• Dimensions: SSDNow E Series: 69.85mm x 100mm x 7mm; SSDNow M Series: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
• Weight: SSDNow E Series: 80 grams (+/- 2 grams); SSDNow M Series: 86 grams (+/- 2 grams)
• IOPS (Input and Output Operations Per Second): SSDNow E Series: Random 4K read: 35K; Random 4K write: 3.3K
• Vibration operating: 2.17 G (7-800Hz)
• Vibration non-operating: 3.13 G (10-500Hz)
• Power specs***: SSDNow E Series: Active: 2.4 W TYP; Sleep: 0.06 W TYP; SSDNow M Series: Active: 0.15 W; Sleep 0.06 W TYP
• Life expectancy: SSDNow E Series: 2 million hours mean time before failure; SSDNow M Series: 1.2 million hours mean time before failure
• Operating shock: 1,000 G/0.5 msec operating and non-operating
*Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
**Measurement based on IO meter
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Product name: SSDNow E and M Series Solid-State Drives
RRP for 32GB 2.5- SATA SSD : AU $ 1199 , NZ$ 1499
RRP for 80GB 2.5- SATA SSD : AU$ 1079 , NZ$ 1359
Warranty: 3-Year warranty
Availability: Available Now
Australian Distributors: Avnet Australia Pty Ltd, Ingram Micro, Simms International Pty Ltd., Synnex Australia PTY Ltd.
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ
For more detailed information, please visit the Kingston web site at www.kingston.com/anz.
To discuss this product on Kingston Blog, please go to www.kingston-blog.com.
To find out if your Kingston product is genuine, Kingston also provides an online verification site: www.kingston.com/asia/verify.
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Russia, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com/anz
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:58 am CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de