GUNNAR Optiks, the world's leading manufacturer of computer eyewear, today announced that it has been awarded broad patent coverage on the company's lens technology and design. GUNNAR's 20/20 and prescription computer eyewear, optimized for use while viewing digital screens, combines a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry, finished with custom tuned lens tints and coatings.
"Aggressively protecting our technological innovations is an integral part of our business," said Joe Croft, co-founder of GUNNAR. "GUNNAR Optiks computer eyewear addresses a problem affecting more than 120M Americans today. Securing broad-based patents reinforces GUNNAR's leadership position in the category that we created, and ensures that affected consumers can receive a high-quality eyewear solution that protects their vision."
US Patent No. 8,342,681 was awarded to GUNNAR Optiks on January 1, 2013, and applies to the following areas of innovation:
- Computer eyewear designed to filter spectral peaks commonly found in fluorescent lighting and computer backlights.
- Computer eyewear with a wrap-around design designed to protect the eye from air currents and trap in evaporated moisture.
- Computer eyewear with decentered optics to provide distortion-free viewing.
Additional patent claims, regarding the filtration of HEV (High Energy Visible) light, have been allowed and set to issue in the coming months.
GUNNAR Optiks computer eyewear combines form and function with style to reduce eye fatigue and stress, commonly associated with Computer Vision Syndrome and Digital Eye Fatigue. GUNNAR Optiks i-AMP lens technology gives computer users better performance and a visual advantage in the short term while reducing wear and tear on eyes in the long term. Working with the eye, optic nerve and brain to enhance the viewing experience, this patented technology allows digital users to see more clearly, absorb and process more than with the naked eye.
All styles are available for purchase on GUNNAR's online store, with select styles available from major retailers worldwide including: Best Buy, Amazon, Zappo's and Newegg.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts III will get free 'Critical Mode' tomorrow
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V