GUNNAR Optiks, the world's leading manufacturer of computer eyewear, today announced that it has been awarded broad patent coverage on the company's lens technology and design. GUNNAR's 20/20 and prescription computer eyewear, optimized for use while viewing digital screens, combines a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry, finished with custom tuned lens tints and coatings.
"Aggressively protecting our technological innovations is an integral part of our business," said Joe Croft, co-founder of GUNNAR. "GUNNAR Optiks computer eyewear addresses a problem affecting more than 120M Americans today. Securing broad-based patents reinforces GUNNAR's leadership position in the category that we created, and ensures that affected consumers can receive a high-quality eyewear solution that protects their vision."
US Patent No. 8,342,681 was awarded to GUNNAR Optiks on January 1, 2013, and applies to the following areas of innovation:
- Computer eyewear designed to filter spectral peaks commonly found in fluorescent lighting and computer backlights.
- Computer eyewear with a wrap-around design designed to protect the eye from air currents and trap in evaporated moisture.
- Computer eyewear with decentered optics to provide distortion-free viewing.
Additional patent claims, regarding the filtration of HEV (High Energy Visible) light, have been allowed and set to issue in the coming months.
GUNNAR Optiks computer eyewear combines form and function with style to reduce eye fatigue and stress, commonly associated with Computer Vision Syndrome and Digital Eye Fatigue. GUNNAR Optiks i-AMP lens technology gives computer users better performance and a visual advantage in the short term while reducing wear and tear on eyes in the long term. Working with the eye, optic nerve and brain to enhance the viewing experience, this patented technology allows digital users to see more clearly, absorb and process more than with the naked eye.
All styles are available for purchase on GUNNAR's online store, with select styles available from major retailers worldwide including: Best Buy, Amazon, Zappo's and Newegg.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card