Lenovo today announced the IdeaCentre Horizon Table PC, the company's first "interpersonal PC," a multi-user, multi-touch, multi-mode device for the home that allows users to turn their personal computing experience into a shared computing experience.
As a Table PC, Horizon can lie flat on any surface, lets two or more people use the screen at the same time, supports interactive physical gaming accessories and is designed for touch screen game-play among several players. Horizon takes advantage of Windows 8 touch functionality to bring customized games from Electronic Arts and Ubisoft to life in a way players have never seen before. Horizon can also easily transform into a 27-inch high-performance desktop to handle whatever productivity tasks users need to do.
At the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show this week, Lenovo also today demonstrated a large 39-inch wide-screen Table PC, code-named "Gamma." While still an early concept, Gamma illustrates the outstanding multi-user entertainment experiences such a large screen can provide and is indicative of Lenovo's future direction in Table PC computing.
"We've seen technology shifts across the four screens, from the desktop to the laptop, tablet and smartphone, and yet, while people have more computing power than ever before, there is still room for technologies like Horizon that bring people together. Horizon makes personal computing interpersonal computing with shared, collaborative experiences among several people," said Peter Hortensius, president, Product Group, Lenovo. "Now many people can enjoy different photos, music and video on the same screen, and they can play games with our special accessories that blend physical and digital interaction. Horizon reflects our commitment to delivering the innovative products that define the PC Plus era."
A Table PC for the Home
Horizon unleashes the power of Windows 8 and brings multi-player games to life with its gigantic screen, dynamic graphics and 10-finger touch. It comes with a special set of accessories including an e-dice and four joysticks and strikers to offer a completely new digital gaming experience that combines the physical gaming accessory with the on-screen action. For the player, the action is part physical, part digital - an activity that Lenovo refers to as "phygital."
The Horizon Table PC includes Lenovo App Shop, a dedicated apps store powered by Intel AppUp giving users access to 5,000+ multi-user entertainment apps. Horizon also comes with exclusive access or package of pre-loaded gaming and educational apps from industry leading vendors including Electronic Arts, FableVision, Open Labs, Ubisoft, FilmOn TV and hundreds of top games and apps from BlueStacks so players of all ages can:
- Become a real estate tycoon in a modern take on the classic MONOPOLY
- Maneuver the Lenovo joystick uniquely customized for FishingJoy and Raiding Company
- Discover, download and run chart-topping phone and tablet apps on the Horizon Table PC powered by BlueStacks
- Challenge friends and family to race their way to the finish line in Draw Race 2 HD
- Vie to grab the spotlight and be crowned King of the Opera
- Create music and songs like Grammy-award winning artists do with Stagelight
- Access more than 120 streaming TV channels on FilmOn TV
- Enjoy painting and coloring in the Paint, Color Corner app or play contest games in Lenovo Best Guess
With Horizon's smart hinge system, users can easily lay it flat and in so doing, the Lenovo Aura multi-user, multi-touch interface (UI) will automatically activate. This simple UI lets families play, learn or enjoy multimedia content together on one screen. Aura also serves as a great way to launch pre-loaded gaming and educational apps or download new ones from the online app store.
In addition, Horizon performs beautifully as a family's main all-in-one desktop for work and play. Its impressive large backlit screen can be seen from virtually any angle and its NVIDIA GeForce graphics make content look gorgeous with smooth and seamless video playback, eye-popping graphics and heart-pounding Dolby Home Theatre v4 audio. To support such a command performance, Horizon is powered by Intel Core i7 processors.
As an option, Horizon offers a moveable and space-saving Horizon Multimode Table. This adjustable table allows users to change the angle and height position of the Table PC, from lying flat to a straight-up, 'wall-like mount' at 90 degrees. Lenovo offers an array of protection services for the Horizon Table PC, including In-Home Warranty upgrades for service at the owner's home or business and up to three years of warranty coverage. Additionally, Lenovo Premium Support's expert technicians are available when needed with convenient over the phone or remote session support from the comfort of home.
Pricing and Availability
The IdeaCentre Horizon Table PC will be available beginning in early summer through Lenovo business partners and https://www.lenovo.com. Prices start at approximately $1,699.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card