Samsung Launches the Super-Thin LED P2370L Monitor
Samsung Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, the number one monitor brand in the world, announced today the addition of a super-thin LED monitor to its "Touch of Color" (ToC) family - the P2370L. This new high-end, model has a Light Emitting Diode Back Light Unit (LED BLU), instead of the cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) found in standard LCD displays, and reproduces more vibrant color and higher contrast ratios than other monitors. With its sophistication-meets-high technology form factor, the P2370L display will ship in late first quarter with an MSRP of $399.
The monitor's ToC design technology has an ultra-thin wrapper of just 16.5mm (0.65-inches) and is a great fit for any home or office environment, helping to maximize desktop real estate and minimize its physical and carbon footprint reduced. Key eco-friendly benefits of the P2370L model include LED fluorescent lamps that do not contain harmful elements such as mercury or lead, consumption of 30% less energy and a longer life than a standard CCFL backlit unit. In addition, the ToC manufacturing process eliminates harmful paints and sprays to enhance the recyclability of the entire monitor.
"As one would expect from Samsung, the P2370L represents the pinnacle of premium display craftsmanship as a high-end monitor that is sophisticated in not only appearance, but in the quality and performance it offers and in how it impacts the environment," said R.A Atanus, Vice President of Product Marketing at Samsung Electronics' Information Technology Division. "This monitor is truly a leadership product that will further solidify Samsung's position as the foremost authority in the design, engineering and performance of displays worldwide."
The P2370L uses white LEDs and has a ultra-high contrast ratio of 2M:1. The monitor also has an ultra fast 2ms (GTG) video response time and offers a 1080p full-HD experience.
The P2370L display's transparent, crystal-like, bezel frame has blue gradation that gives it a glass-like appearance, and helps to reduce the reflection of light to decrease glare. The model also has a unique glass stand neck that gives the illusion that the monitor is floating. It is also equipped with Samsung's dual-injection technology that lends it a smooth, finished appearance without any screws or joints.
The P2370L is designed so that there are no obtrusive buttons on the front or sides on the panel. Instead, each display features Samsung's unique Startlight Touch Controls which integrate the On Screen Display (OSD) buttons into the bezel for a seamless look and feel.
P2370L LED BLU Monitor
- White LEDs
- Ultra-thin, 16.5mm design
- Ultra-high contrast ratio of 2M:1
- Ultra fast 2ms (GTG) video response time
- DVI-I Input
- Offers a 1080p full-HD experience
- Touch of Color" (ToC) technology
- Crystal-like bezel frame to help reduce glare
- Swivel stand for optimal screen positioning
- Starlight Touch Controls
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard