Samsung Launches the Super-Thin LED P2370L Monitor
Samsung Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, the number one monitor brand in the world, announced today the addition of a super-thin LED monitor to its "Touch of Color" (ToC) family - the P2370L. This new high-end, model has a Light Emitting Diode Back Light Unit (LED BLU), instead of the cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) found in standard LCD displays, and reproduces more vibrant color and higher contrast ratios than other monitors. With its sophistication-meets-high technology form factor, the P2370L display will ship in late first quarter with an MSRP of $399.
The monitor's ToC design technology has an ultra-thin wrapper of just 16.5mm (0.65-inches) and is a great fit for any home or office environment, helping to maximize desktop real estate and minimize its physical and carbon footprint reduced. Key eco-friendly benefits of the P2370L model include LED fluorescent lamps that do not contain harmful elements such as mercury or lead, consumption of 30% less energy and a longer life than a standard CCFL backlit unit. In addition, the ToC manufacturing process eliminates harmful paints and sprays to enhance the recyclability of the entire monitor.
"As one would expect from Samsung, the P2370L represents the pinnacle of premium display craftsmanship as a high-end monitor that is sophisticated in not only appearance, but in the quality and performance it offers and in how it impacts the environment," said R.A Atanus, Vice President of Product Marketing at Samsung Electronics' Information Technology Division. "This monitor is truly a leadership product that will further solidify Samsung's position as the foremost authority in the design, engineering and performance of displays worldwide."
The P2370L uses white LEDs and has a ultra-high contrast ratio of 2M:1. The monitor also has an ultra fast 2ms (GTG) video response time and offers a 1080p full-HD experience.
The P2370L display's transparent, crystal-like, bezel frame has blue gradation that gives it a glass-like appearance, and helps to reduce the reflection of light to decrease glare. The model also has a unique glass stand neck that gives the illusion that the monitor is floating. It is also equipped with Samsung's dual-injection technology that lends it a smooth, finished appearance without any screws or joints.
The P2370L is designed so that there are no obtrusive buttons on the front or sides on the panel. Instead, each display features Samsung's unique Startlight Touch Controls which integrate the On Screen Display (OSD) buttons into the bezel for a seamless look and feel.
P2370L LED BLU Monitor
- White LEDs
- Ultra-thin, 16.5mm design
- Ultra-high contrast ratio of 2M:1
- Ultra fast 2ms (GTG) video response time
- DVI-I Input
- Offers a 1080p full-HD experience
- Touch of Color" (ToC) technology
- Crystal-like bezel frame to help reduce glare
- Swivel stand for optimal screen positioning
- Starlight Touch Controls
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series