Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE), Storage Products Division has today announced that the SlimFITT HDD is now available to buy from select distributors across the EMEA region. With 900 GB of capacity and a spindle speed of 10,500 RPM, the drive provides enterprises with a dependable, high speed drive for business critical data.
The SlimFITT model of the 2.5-inch (6.4 cm) SAS drive is mounted in a 3.5-inch frame making it ideal for blade and rack mount servers accustomed to larger form factor drives. Its small form factor has the added benefit of lower energy consumption, helping businesses to cut down on energy bills.
The SlimFITT drive offers a more stable and reliable enterprise drive. It provides a 50% increase in capacity on the previous generation. Not only this, but it delivers an enhanced performance with a 32% increase in sustained transfer rate. The new range of drives is also the first from Toshiba to utilise innovative technologies such as Dual-stage Head Positioning Actuator technology which improves head positioning accuracy by approximately 30% resulting in better overall stability and performance.
The new drives are designed to last 24/7 for at least five years with a MTTF (mean team between failures) of 2 million hours compared to only 1.6 million of its competitors. It can easily be implemented into the first tier of any tiered storage system, providing businesses quick access to important company data that needs to be readily available.
Martin Larsson, Vice President, Toshiba Electronics Europe, Storage Products Division, said: "Businesses worldwide are faced with a data deluge. In order to manage these huge amounts of data they need storage solutions that provide fast, reliable access to mission critical data. The AL13SE series perfectly balances performance and reliability and uses less power than the traditional 3.5-inch alternatives."
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series