Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE), Storage Products Division has today announced that the SlimFITT HDD is now available to buy from select distributors across the EMEA region. With 900 GB of capacity and a spindle speed of 10,500 RPM, the drive provides enterprises with a dependable, high speed drive for business critical data.
The SlimFITT model of the 2.5-inch (6.4 cm) SAS drive is mounted in a 3.5-inch frame making it ideal for blade and rack mount servers accustomed to larger form factor drives. Its small form factor has the added benefit of lower energy consumption, helping businesses to cut down on energy bills.
The SlimFITT drive offers a more stable and reliable enterprise drive. It provides a 50% increase in capacity on the previous generation. Not only this, but it delivers an enhanced performance with a 32% increase in sustained transfer rate. The new range of drives is also the first from Toshiba to utilise innovative technologies such as Dual-stage Head Positioning Actuator technology which improves head positioning accuracy by approximately 30% resulting in better overall stability and performance.
The new drives are designed to last 24/7 for at least five years with a MTTF (mean team between failures) of 2 million hours compared to only 1.6 million of its competitors. It can easily be implemented into the first tier of any tiered storage system, providing businesses quick access to important company data that needs to be readily available.
Martin Larsson, Vice President, Toshiba Electronics Europe, Storage Products Division, said: "Businesses worldwide are faced with a data deluge. In order to manage these huge amounts of data they need storage solutions that provide fast, reliable access to mission critical data. The AL13SE series perfectly balances performance and reliability and uses less power than the traditional 3.5-inch alternatives."
Latest News Posts
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit