Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, today confirmed its OWC Data Doubler Kit is compatible with the new 2012 Mac mini announced by Apple earlier this week. The 'do-it-yourself' kit enables mini owners to add a second internal 2.5" SATA hard drive up to 1.0TB or a high-performance Solid State Drive to complement the existing internal factory drive. Fully supported with all required parts, tools, and a step-by-step 'how-to' video, users can add an OWC Mercury 6G SSD up to 480GB in capacity starting from $83.99. With this kit, users can enjoy near instantaneous booting and application launches along with an incredible boost to overall system and application performance thanks to real-world sustained data rates of up to 559MB/s. While OWC highly recommends its Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSDs for the 6.0Gb/s data bus equipped 2011-2012 Apple mini, this DIY kit is fully compatible with all 9.5mm or smaller 2.5" Serial ATA SSDs, including the largest capacity in the 3G speed class OWC Mercury Electra 960GB SSD.
OWC DIY Kit for 2011-2012 Mac mini Includes:
- OWC 5-Piece Mini Toolkit
- Logic Board Removal Tool for Mac mini 2011-2012
- All driving mounting components including custom flex cable, screws, and grommets
- OWC Installation Guide
- OWC Online Installation Video
The OWC Data Doubler Kit for 2011-2012 Mac mini models is available for immediate ordering at the discounted price of $44.99 direct from OWC's ecommerce portal, https://www.macsales.com. A Data Doubler kit without tools is also available for $37.99. OWC also offers an instant $15.00 rebate on these kits when an OWC Mercury 2.5" SATA SSD is purchased at the same time.
Let the OWC Pros DIFY
If, after watching the how-to video, mini owners are not fully confident of their ability to add a second drive to their machine, they can choose to have OWC 'Do It For You' via the mini Installation Service. For only $99 with two-way shipping included, mini owners can have OWC professionally install a hard drive or SSD, and memory and receive their higher-performance mini back within 72 business hours or less installation turnaround.
"Our Data Doubler Kit enables the full internal data capability of 2011-2012 Mac minis for massive performance or capacity machines," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "With the kit, owners can add a second hard drive up to 1.0TB, or an SSD for higher performance, drive capacity, and/or configuration options that just aren't available as factory options."
Double the 2011 mini's Factory RAM
To complement the improved drive performance that the OWC Data Doubler Kit provides, 2011 and 2012 mini owners can also choose to upgrade RAM with OWC 4GB, 8GB, 12GB, and 16GB Memory Kits and with savings of up to 63% compared to factory options. OWC memory upgrades are fully tested and certified Mac and further supported and backed by the OWC lifetime warranty, 24/7 free tech support, and free installation videos that ensure the successful upgrade experience that is the OWC Difference.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz