Synology Inc. today launched the new DX213, Synology's first 2-bay DiskStation expansion solution that satisfies the growth of storage demand from business and power users. "Managing and handling the increasing amount of data should not take time away from running a business. Therefore, Synology designed the DX213 to help users quickly and effortlessly expand DiskStation storage by an additional two bays when it reaches its maximum capacity," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc.
On selected DiskStation models, RAID volumes can be expanded directly across DX213 without the hassle of reformatting existing hard drives, bringing the additional benefit of continuous service uptime throughout this process. Users also have the freedom to create DX213 as an independent volume for the paired DiskStation. As such, DX213 can function as an effortless local backup solution.
The DX213 is paired with a DiskStation using Synology's reliable Plug-n-use design, a proprietary eSATA configuration which securely locks both ends of the cable connection. This ensures reliable connectivity at a maximum bandwidth of 3.0 Gb/sec, allowing DX213 to operate coherently with its paired DiskStation as a single unit.
Synology DX213 features the energy-saving Deep Sleep mode which automatically enables once the system has been inactive for certain period. When paired with selected DiskStation models, DX213 can also intuitively power on/off with its host.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz