QNAP to Unveil Next-Gen Intel-based iSCSI NAS Series in 2009 CES
QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced a series of next generation iSCSI network-attached storage (NAS) products based on Intel architecture to deliver the performance and enterprise-grade features that customers are looking for in 2009.
The new Turbo NAS family consists of 4-bay, 5-bay, 6-bay, and 8-bay (with redundant power supply) models which are well suited for small and midsize businesses (SMB) and enterprises. The powerful all-in-one feature is designed for businesses that require storage solutions of performance, features, capacity, and manageability.
"Facing the intensive growth of digital data for business transactions nowadays, SMB and enterprises need powerful, reliable, and scalable storage solutions. We believe Intel's processors and QNAP's industry-leading technology will bring the performance and features that business users expect in NAS," said Shawn Shu, Vice President from QNAP. "The new Turbo NAS series are able to deliver much higher performance than other general SOHO NAS brands. The NetBench testing results showed that the new NAS models are 3-10 times faster in terms of total throughput for multiple concurrent data access. This is our important technology breakthrough in developing top-class business NAS."
"Combining NAS and iSCSI target services in the same system offers customers the flexibility to meet their increasing data management challenges" said Seth Bobroff, general manager, Intel Server Platforms Group - Storage "Using Intel Architecture allows QNAP to deliver a family of innovative storage systems that meet the performance and scalability requirements for today's demanding environment."
QNAP's Turbo NAS series will be available for purchase in January 2009. They will be first unveiled in 2009 CES, booth: Sands 73421, January 8-11 2009.
The TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS is the first Intel-based QNAP model launched and has set a successful example for QNAP's new NAS series in delivering robust performance. Powered by Intel architecture, the TS-509 Pro supports numerous enterprise features, e.g. iSCSI target service, AES 256-bit volume-based encryption, automatic policy-based IP blocking, and instant SMS alert. The two Gigabit LAN ports of the NAS can be configured as Failover, Load balancing, or serving two different subnets. RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 6/ 5+Spare and JBOD, Online RAID Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration are all supported. The TS-509 Pro has won lots of awards of worldwide media for its high performance and industry-leading features, e.g. Editor's Choice-Tech Power UP (US), Power Award-OverclockersOnline (Canada), Recommended-PCPro (UK), Golden Tachometer Award-Benchmark (US), Editors' Choice-Terralab (Russia), The First Recommended-Bioslevel (US), Editor's Choice-BRnR (US), Top Rank-TweakNews (US), Editor's Choice-CNETFrance.fr (France), Best in Class-DriverHeaven (UK), Editor's Choice-MPC Club.
QNAP Systems, Inc. is a dominant provider of Linux OS embedded network-attached storage (NAS) and network surveillance system. We have released numerous NAS and NVR (network video recorder) series, providing our customers high performance and high reliability backup and security solutions. Today, QNAP continues to lead the industry with our innovation in design and technology. Our products have gained worldwide recognition. Further information about QNAP products is available on https://www.qnap.com.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit