DisplayLink┬«, the leading provider of solutions that simplify the connection between monitors and computing devices, announced that it has closed $10.4M of growth financing. The financing was led by Clydesdale Bank's Growth Finance team, which delivers financial support specifically aimed at high-growth, venture capital-backed businesses with strong intellectual property. Existing investors Atlas Venture, Balderton Capital, Cipio Partners, DAG Ventures, and DFJ Esprit contributed to the equity funding. The Palo Alto-headquartered company will use the funds for working capital to support strong growth of its semiconductor and software solutions business.
Commenting on the funding, Graeme Sands, Head of Growth Finance at Clydesdale Bank, said, "We think DisplayLink's technology is increasingly well matched to the way people now expect to use a variety of computing devices with multiple monitors. In particular, the benefit to the corporate market in simple, high-quality, USB connectivity seemed compelling."
"We are delighted with our new banking partner, Clydesdale Bank and the continued support of our existing investors," said Graham O'Keeffe, DisplayLink's chairman. "DisplayLink enjoys strong market pull and adoption due to its continuing investment and leadership in high quality solutions, unequaled compatibility, and a robust product roadmap. This financing will ensure DisplayLink has the resources necessary to fund its growth."
"With the introduction of smaller computing platforms such as Ultrabooks and tablet computers, DisplayLink is becoming the first choice for users wanting to expand beyond the connectivity constraints of these platforms," commented John Cummins, SVP Sales and Marketing at DisplayLink. "DisplayLink's ability to provide multiple monitors, Ethernet, audio, and other services over a universally deployed and simple-to-use USB connecter is unique in the industry."
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit