SoftKinetic, the leading 3D gesture recognition software and solution provider, today announced that its industry-leading technology and middleware for close-range gesture tracking will be included in the Intel Perceptual Computing Software Development Kit 2013 (SDK) Beta announced and demonstrated at the Intel Developer Forum 2012. The close-range finger tracking capabilities created by SoftKinetic including the DepthSense camera technology will enable developers using the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta to create natural and interactive applications.
SoftKinetic is a pioneer and leader in the field of 3D gesture recognition who is helping us to make our vision of natural, interactive user experiences a reality," said Achin Bhowmik, director of perceptual computing at Intel. "Gesture-based interaction enables humans to interact in a natural, intuitive way with their computer systems."
The Intel SDK will help enable developers to support a wide variety of consumer solutions that utilize gesture recognition, voice recognition and face tracking as close as six inches from the screen. SoftKinetic is also developing games and apps to be included in the Q4 release of the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta.
"We are excited to contribute our technology to the Intel Perceptual Computing Program," said Michel Tombroff, chief executive officer, SoftKinetic. "We believe that natural gesture interaction offers intuitive, engaging and most of all, personalized experiences for consumers."
Intel will be demonstrating these latest technological advances at this year's Intel Developer Forum, September 11-13 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
SoftKinetic offers hardware, middleware, and applications that can be built once and deployed on multiple devices. With a highly optimized CPU footprint, SoftKinetic's solutions are perfect for embedded platforms, as well as personal computers, consoles, set-top boxes, and smart TVs. Combined with world-class support, SoftKinetic is the leader in gesture recognition offerings.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit