SoftKinetic, the leading 3D gesture recognition software and solution provider, today announced that its industry-leading technology and middleware for close-range gesture tracking will be included in the Intel Perceptual Computing Software Development Kit 2013 (SDK) Beta announced and demonstrated at the Intel Developer Forum 2012. The close-range finger tracking capabilities created by SoftKinetic including the DepthSense camera technology will enable developers using the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta to create natural and interactive applications.
SoftKinetic is a pioneer and leader in the field of 3D gesture recognition who is helping us to make our vision of natural, interactive user experiences a reality," said Achin Bhowmik, director of perceptual computing at Intel. "Gesture-based interaction enables humans to interact in a natural, intuitive way with their computer systems."
The Intel SDK will help enable developers to support a wide variety of consumer solutions that utilize gesture recognition, voice recognition and face tracking as close as six inches from the screen. SoftKinetic is also developing games and apps to be included in the Q4 release of the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta.
"We are excited to contribute our technology to the Intel Perceptual Computing Program," said Michel Tombroff, chief executive officer, SoftKinetic. "We believe that natural gesture interaction offers intuitive, engaging and most of all, personalized experiences for consumers."
Intel will be demonstrating these latest technological advances at this year's Intel Developer Forum, September 11-13 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
SoftKinetic offers hardware, middleware, and applications that can be built once and deployed on multiple devices. With a highly optimized CPU footprint, SoftKinetic's solutions are perfect for embedded platforms, as well as personal computers, consoles, set-top boxes, and smart TVs. Combined with world-class support, SoftKinetic is the leader in gesture recognition offerings.
Latest News Posts
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- No Man's Sky coming to PSVR
- Apple Arcade is Apple's answer to Xbox Game Pass
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Sold Out Signs Award-Winning Radical Rabbit Stew, Playable At PAX East with Little Friends: Dogs & Cats
- Watching Movies and TV Topped US Entertainment Options in 2018, The NPD Group Says
- Cortus Announces the General Availability of a RISC-V Processor Family - from Low End Embedded Controller to 64 bit Processor with Floating Point
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns