LaCie Hard Disk By Neil Poulton Can Now Be Connected to Your HDTV: LaCinema Classic
- Play movies, music, and photos on any TV
- Connect to HDTV via HDMI
- Store huge digital content libraries
- USB host for USB Key content instant playback
Today LaCie announced the LaCinema Classic Hard Disk, suited for all fans of digital movies, music, and photography. Designed by award-winning industrial designer Neil Poulton, this attractive multimedia storage device can pack more than 1,000* movies, or 250,000 songs, or 1 million photographs with up to 1 TB** (terabyte) of capacity. Weighing a mere 33 ounces, LaCinema Classic is extremely compact - a perfect storage device for entertainment in the home. Customers simply load content from their PC or Mac on the Classic drive and connect it to their TV for instant playback. No configuration required. Users will also enjoy HDMI 1080p upscaling of movies and photos.
"Without realizing it, many consumers have developed their own library of digital content, through a growing collection of movies, music, and personal photos," said Patrick Salin, Multimedia business unit manager, LaCie. "The LaCinema Classic offers users just what they need to store and play their favorite content wherever desired, connected to their PC or Mac, or directly to their Television, for an affordable price" Designed for multimedia, the LaCinema Classic works with numerous video, music, and photo formats, including MPEG4, MP3 and JPEG as well as HD-JPEG for superior viewing of images over HDMI output. An SPDIF coaxial cable is included to maximize the audio experience.
LaCinema Classic is DivX-certified so customers can watch DivX transcoded videos with high quality and resolution. LaCinema Classic comes in 500 GB (gigabyte) and 1 TB models, offering the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface for PC or Mac, as well as HDMI and composite outputs for video, and stereo and coaxial S/PDIF outputs for audio.
LaCinema Classic is available now and retails for $159. LaCie products are available through the LaCie Online Store or LaCie Resellers. For more information, visit https://www.lacie.com.
About Neil Poulton
Neil Poulton was born in Thurso, Scotland. A graduate in Industrial Design from Edinburgh University and Milan's Domus Academy, Poulton first came into public view in 1989 as the creator of "the ageing pens," pens made from a "living," wearing plastic that changes color and form with use. Today, Neil Poulton designs and develops best-selling, award-winning products for a variety of international clients including LaCie and Artemide. Since 1991, Poulton has lived and worked in Paris, France. https://www.neilpoulton.com
Located in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Europe, Singapore and Hong Kong, LaCie is the leading manufacturer of computer peripherals for Windows, Apple and Linux users. LaCie creates external storage solutions and color monitors that help professionals and everyday people easily manage their digital lives. LaCie has differentiated its products through original designs and leading-edge technology. Established in France in 1989, LaCie is listed on Euronext under FR0000054314 (LAC). For more information, visit https://www.lacie.com
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!