ASUS today launches the PB278Q wide quad high definition (WQHD) display. This new ergonomically-designed 27" monitor promises true-to-life 2560 x 1440 resolution visuals courtesy of an LED-backlit, wide-view angle (178°) display.
It is chock-full of features that include ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio technology, 100% sRGB color space compatibility, ASUS exclusive QuickFit Virtual Scale, and Splendid Video Intelligence Technology. It offers extensive multimedia connectivity with HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI for WQHD content support; along with built-in twin 3W speakers for an immersive home theatre experience.
The PB278Q features a 16:9 aspect, LED-backlit, 27" WQHD display that provides 109 pixels per inch (PPI) that results in 2560 x 1440 resolution high quality visuals - that is four times the pixel resolution of standard 720p HDTVs and enables users to view more image detail and do more thanks to an onscreen footprint larger than regular displays.
The PB278Q provides an ultra-wide 178° viewing angle on both horizontal and vertical planes, thereby minimizing onscreen color shift even when viewed from extreme angles.
An 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio and 300cd/m² of brightness helps enhance display contrast and sharpness by adjusting backlight luminance to achieve the darkest blacks and the brightest whites. A 5ms GTG response time ensures a smooth viewing experience.
Splendid Video Intelligence Technology optimizes video performance and image fidelity by enhancing color, brightness, contrast, and sharpness. Five preset video modes (Scenery, Theater, sRGB, Standard, and user-preset) can be selected via a hotkey.
The QuickFit Virtual Scale function to provide actual sized document, photo and alignment grid overlays onscreen so users can accurately preview and edit their photos on screen. QuickFit Virtual Scale is activated through a simple hotkey and supports A4, letter, 8" x 10", 5" x 7", 4" x 6", 3" x 5", and 2" x 2" sizes.
The PB278Q also comes with 100% sRGB color space compatibility and provides users the option of selecting their preferred settings via an OSD.
Extensive connectivity and multimedia support
The PB278Q features a host of connectivity options that include HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2, Dual-link DVI for WQHD and D-sub Full HD content transmission; while built-in twin 3W speakers provide quality audio to complete that immersive home theatre experience.
The PB278Q has an ergonomic design that comes with tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustments to ensure a comfortable viewing experience. A smart cable management design also helps to ensure a clutter-free workspace.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure