Intel Corporation and MegaFon, one of Russia's fastest- growing mobile operators, today announced the general availability of the MegaFon Mint, the first high-performance smartphone with Intel Inside for Russia. The device will be available to customers across MegaFon's retail stores and online starting Aug. 22 at a retail price of 17,990 Rubles (about US$550).
The MegaFon Mint is based on Intel's Smartphone Reference Device, which includes the IntelÂ® AtomÂ™ processor Z2460 with IntelÂ® Hyper-Threading Technology and HSPA+ IntelÂ® XMMÂ™ 6260 platform. Together these Intel solutions help to ensure fast data download speeds and a quick and responsive user experience, all while maintaining great battery life - up to 5 hours of 3G browsing, 45 hours of audio playback and 8 hours of talk time on a single charge1.
"Russia's customers acknowledge MegaFon as a valued telco provider and a great national retailer for handsets, smartphones, tablets and other self-branded innovative hi-tech devices," said Mikhail Dubin, MegaFon vice president. "MegaFon client devices and telco service have always meant the best quality and sustainability at reasonable prices. We consider the MegaFon Mint a real technology breakthrough. It is a highly attractive device, and I'm sure end customers will value it."
The MegaFon Mint features a sleek, matte black casing and a 4.03-inch high-resolution LCD touchscreen for crisp text and vibrant images. The device's 1.6 GHz IntelÂ® AtomÂ™ Processor, 400 MHz graphics clock and support for full 1080p HD video provide users with an immersive gaming and video experience. The Mint also comes equipped with an 8-megapixel camera delivering advanced imaging capabilities that includes burst mode to take 10 pictures in under a second. Intel and MegaFon worked closely to customize the Android*-based smartphone that includes a host of MegaFon applications and services.
"Our engagement with MegaFon is a step forward in accelerating the adoption of IntelÂ® architecture across new mobile market segments and geographies," said Christopher McGuire, general manager of reference devices for Intel's Mobile and Communications Group. "We look forward to our continued collaboration with MegaFon and to bringing consumers in Russia new device experiences enabled by Intel technology."
Said Dmitri Konash, Intel regional manager in Russia and CIS countries: "We are extremely pleased to bring this new product to market together with MegaFon. We look forward to our long-term cooperation to provide Russian consumers with great products that offer a unique experience."
Latest News Posts
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Publishers should raise game prices, says analyst
- GIVEAWAY: OCZ TR200 3D BiCS FLASH SSDs thanks to Toshiba
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ