NOW SAPPHIRE HD 4870 TOXIC has 1GB !
Vapor-X cooler again featured on latest high performance graphic card
SAPPHIRE Technology has just announced global availability of a new 1GB version of its highly acclaimed HD 4870 TOXIC Edition graphics card featuring Vapor-X - the Vapor Chamber cooling technology pioneered by SAPPHIRE.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 1GB TOXIC Edition features the award winning Vapor-X cooler, SAPPHIRE's implementation of Vapor Chamber Technology (VCT) first introduced by SAPPHIRE over a year ago on its ATOMIC and TOXIC series of high performance graphics cards. On this new model, the Vapor-X cooling solution is used to efficiently remove heat from the core logic. So the heat from the GPU, memory and other components is carried away by the vapor chamber together with three heatpipes and heatsinks cooled by a thermally controlled fan venting outside the case. This hybrid solution provides more efficient and quieter cooling than competing solutions for this generation of high performance graphics.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 TOXIC edition ships overclocked out of the box for an immediate high performance graphical or gaming experience, and the advanced cooling solution provides enthusiasts with further scope for performance tuning.
The SAPPHIRE HD 4870 TOXIC has 1GB of high performance GDDR5 memory, clocked at 1000MHz (4Gbps effective) and the GPU core is pre-overclocked at 780MHz. Supporting AMD CrossFireX technology, two high speed connectors on each card allow multiple cards to be daisy-chained together for enhanced performance when installed in a suitable CrossFireX mainboard.
All SAPPHIRE graphics cards in the HD 4000 series incorporate the latest ATI Avivo HD Technology for enhanced Video display and feature a second generation built in UVD (Unified Video decoder) for the hardware accelerated decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as Mpeg files, considerably reducing CPU loading. The dedicated HDMI adaptor has 7.1 surround sound supports and delivers audio and video output on a single cable for direct connection to an HDMI ready display.
SAPPHIRE HD 4000 series graphics cards are Microsoft Windows Vista Premium certified and supported by the ATI Catalyst® suite of software, ensuring customers have ongoing access to software updates for performance, stability and added features. Support for DirectX10.1 provides developers with access to enhanced programming techniques and new lighting effects.
Full specifications and photographs are available at https://www.sapphiretech.com
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM