Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced an increased authorization of $1.5 billion of its common stock under its share repurchase program.
The additional repurchase authorization is effective immediately and extends the program by five years, during which time additional shares can be authorized for repurchase. The amount of purchases will depend on market conditions and corporate considerations. Share repurchases will be made on the open market.
"The decision to increase WD's stock repurchase program is part of our capital allocation strategy to efficiently deploy cash to shareholders while maintaining strategic flexibility," said John Coyne, chief executive officer of WD. "We believe that Western Digital's stock is a compelling investment based on our ability to create additional value for our customers and shareholders in the growth markets we serve."
As reported in the company's Form 10-Q filed with the SEC for its third fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2012, as of May 4, 2012, the company had approximately 260 million shares outstanding. The company may suspend or discontinue the stock repurchase program at any time.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy's Northlight engine being optimized for multiplayer
- Remedy making new game outside of P7
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit