Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced an increased authorization of $1.5 billion of its common stock under its share repurchase program.
The additional repurchase authorization is effective immediately and extends the program by five years, during which time additional shares can be authorized for repurchase. The amount of purchases will depend on market conditions and corporate considerations. Share repurchases will be made on the open market.
"The decision to increase WD's stock repurchase program is part of our capital allocation strategy to efficiently deploy cash to shareholders while maintaining strategic flexibility," said John Coyne, chief executive officer of WD. "We believe that Western Digital's stock is a compelling investment based on our ability to create additional value for our customers and shareholders in the growth markets we serve."
As reported in the company's Form 10-Q filed with the SEC for its third fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2012, as of May 4, 2012, the company had approximately 260 million shares outstanding. The company may suspend or discontinue the stock repurchase program at any time.
Latest News Posts
- Warren Spector debuts System Shock 3 pre-alpha preview
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- Disney and Pixar release the first trailer to Toy Story 4
- NVIDIA's next-gen RTX server pods pack 1280 Turing GPUs
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Foxnext Games Expands Indie Development Fund With Second Game, What The Golf?
- Satisfactory is Available Now in Early Access on Epic Games Store!
- Get Ready For Demise Of The Faithful, A New Chapter For Dead By Daylight Available March 19
- NIU Technologies Announces Q4 2018 Financial Results: Sales Volume Up 78% and Net Revenue Up 95%
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free