Synology has confirmed a known system issue caused by flawed flash memory chips. This issue can occur when users reboot the DiskStation; the unit will not restart and the blue LED light will blink continuously. This issue does not affect data stored on the DiskStation and will not result in data loss.
The affected products include DS1512+ and DS1812+ worldwide, and DS212j for Asia shipments only. The best estimated quantity is 480, 120 and 700 units respectively and most of them have been returned or are on the way to Synology.
Users who encounter this issue should contact Synology at [email protected] and our technical support team will provide them with the best solution. If users did not encounter the above issue but still have any concerns, or users want to make sure the product that they are going to purchase is not affected, they are welcome to send serial numbers to [email protected] for verification.
For resellers who want to check whether their on-hand stocks are affected, they are also welcome to send serial numbers to [email protected] for verification. Synology strives to ensure all customers can receive our rapid and full support.
"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue, and appreciate your understanding in this matter. Synology has taken immediate action to correct the situation, and we remain one hundred percent dedicated to serving our customers," said Vic Hsu, CEO of Synology Inc. "Rest assured we have already identified and fixed this problem. No future shipments will be affected."
Latest News Posts
- Top 10 Twilight Zone episodes
- New Twilight Zone trailer is full of classic throwbacks
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure