Taipei, Taiwan-February 29, 2012-Synology¬ģ today announced DiskStation DS1512+, a 5-bay next generation NAS server for delivering high performance and scalability with complete business solutions to small and medium businesses.
"NAS severs today are expected to produce higher levels of reliability and availability. With today's introduction, Synology customers can share and access data on DS1512+ in full confidence and satisfy the productivity, versatility and reliability they demand," said Peter Chen, Product Manager of Synology Inc. Synology DS1512+ features a passive CPU cooling technology and a fan redundancy mechanism of two user-replaceable 80mm fans, thus eliminating a single point of failure and ensure continuous system uptime during malfunction. The dual LAN network failover support allows DS1512+ to sustain the potential of one network discontinuity while maximizing system availability at all times.
Among the first to support the industry's latest 4 TB hard drives, the DS1512+ can easily scales up to 15-bay for 60 TB of maximum storage capacity by leveraging the expansion capabilities of Synology DX510. Equipped with a 2.13 GHz dual core processor with Link Aggregation enabled, the DS1512+ achieves read and write speed at 200.31 MB/sec and 194.83 MB/sec respectively in RAID 5 configuration. With new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, DS1512+ offers fast file transfers up to ten times of USB 2.0. Furthermore, DS1512+ occupies at this level of high performance with efficient energy consumption at 50.6 watts during full operation.
Synology DS1512+ operates on DiskStation Manager 3.2 (DSM 3.2), the operating system of every Synology NAS server. DSM makes complicated things simple and hard things possible by providing versatile features on a snappy, intuitive, and multitasking web-based user interface. DS1511+, the predecessor of DS1512+, has received numerous media recognitions from worldwide that include "Editor's Choice" award from Australia's APC Magazine and "Must Have" award from KitGuru of United Kingdom.
Visit http://www.synology.com/products/product.php?product_name=DS1512%2B&lang=enu for more product information.¬≠¬≠¬≠¬≠
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit