Asetek Inc., the world's leading supplier of liquid cooling solutions for computers, announced today that it will offer a range of liquid cooling solutions to address a diverse set of cooling challenges facing modern HPC clusters data centers. These challenges range from reducing latency in high frequency trading applications, to increasing performance and density in servers, HPC clusters and data centers and decreasing the amount of energy used for cooling. All of these solutions utilize the company's proven CPU and GPU cooling technology which is commercially deployed today in hundreds of thousands of computers around the world.
The benefit of Asetek liquid cooling technology is its efficiency in removing heat directly from processors and moving that heat to an optimal place for transferring it to the environment. The success of Asetek's technology results from its reliability, affordability and suitability for installation in high volume computer manufacturing. Asetek data center liquid cooling solutions utilize this technology to provide three general levels of server cooling:
- Internal Loop Liquid Cooling enables the use of the fastest processors, including high wattage processors, in high density servers.
- Rack CDU Liquid Cooling removes processor and or GPU heat from rack servers and blades out of the data center without the use of traditional computer room air conditioners or water chillers, enabling extreme densities on server, rack and data center level. The strongest value proposition however, is that the solution uses free outside ambient air cooling allowing around 50% power savings on the data center cooling cost.
- Sealed Server Liquid Cooling removes all server heat from the data center via liquid; literally no air from inside the data center is used for server cooling. This solution enables high density with high performance processors and ambient room temperature server cooling.
"We have studied the server market and engaged with our customers. While much of what is written suggests that the problem of data center cooling is monolithic, we have discovered the need is for a diverse set of solutions to meet specific data center performance, density and efficiency objectives," said Andre Sloth Eriksen, Founder and CEO of Asetek. "Using proven Asetek technology to engineer a range of cooling solutions gives Asetek a unique ability to address the wide diversity of cooling challenges that exist in the HPC and data center market today."
Leveraging its existing CPU and GPU liquid cooling technology brings both proven reliability and high volume cost advantages to Asetek's data center liquid cooling solutions. Low pressure system design is a cornerstone of Asetek's proven reliability. Low pressure puts less stress on joints and connections, substantially reducing failures. The company's integrated pump-cold plate units for CPU and GPU cooling are well suited for supplying redundancy in servers with multiple processors. All liquid channels are helium integrity tested and all systems are liquid filled and sealed at the factory for its life time, eliminating the need for any liquid handling by the server OEM, or data center operator. Additional information on Asetek data center cooling solutions is available at http://www.asetek.com/markets/data-centers.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit