AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced that Rick Bergman is leaving AMD. President and CEO Rory Read will serve as interim general manager of AMD's Products Group. AMD also announced that Paul Struhsaker, 49, has joined the company to lead AMD's newly-formed commercial business division as the corporate vice president and general manager, Commercial Business Division.
Struhsaker will oversee product management and roadmap planning for AMD's server, high performance computing and embedded products. He joins AMD from Comcast, where he was senior vice president of engineering responsible for all set-top box platforms and video server applications for the Comcast Video Networks.
"The commercial market is vitally important for AMD and the addition of Paul to our team demonstrates our commitment to profitably grow our server business," said Read. "Paul brings an extensive business management background and customer perspective on AMD's commercial business opportunities. I look forward to working with Paul to help drive the growth plans for this exciting part of our business.
"I want to thank Rick for his many contributions to AMD and wish him well in his future endeavors."
Struhsaker comes to AMD with more than 27 years of experience in ASIC/FPGA development, software and digital communications systems engineering. Prior to Comcast, Struhsaker was vice president of Silicon Technologies at Motorola where he helped lead development of all handset, modem/stack and application processor platforms. Struhsaker was also chief technology officer for Texas Instruments' Broadband Business Unit. He holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Akron and has been awarded more than 25 patents.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series