AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced that Rick Bergman is leaving AMD. President and CEO Rory Read will serve as interim general manager of AMD's Products Group. AMD also announced that Paul Struhsaker, 49, has joined the company to lead AMD's newly-formed commercial business division as the corporate vice president and general manager, Commercial Business Division.
Struhsaker will oversee product management and roadmap planning for AMD's server, high performance computing and embedded products. He joins AMD from Comcast, where he was senior vice president of engineering responsible for all set-top box platforms and video server applications for the Comcast Video Networks.
"The commercial market is vitally important for AMD and the addition of Paul to our team demonstrates our commitment to profitably grow our server business," said Read. "Paul brings an extensive business management background and customer perspective on AMD's commercial business opportunities. I look forward to working with Paul to help drive the growth plans for this exciting part of our business.
"I want to thank Rick for his many contributions to AMD and wish him well in his future endeavors."
Struhsaker comes to AMD with more than 27 years of experience in ASIC/FPGA development, software and digital communications systems engineering. Prior to Comcast, Struhsaker was vice president of Silicon Technologies at Motorola where he helped lead development of all handset, modem/stack and application processor platforms. Struhsaker was also chief technology officer for Texas Instruments' Broadband Business Unit. He holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Akron and has been awarded more than 25 patents.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit