Imation Corp., a leading global technology company dedicated to helping people and organizations store, protect and connect their digital world, and IronKey, a global leader in securing data and online access, today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Imation will acquire the assets of IronKey's secure data storage hardware business.
The two companies also announced a strategic partnership whereby Imation will receive an exclusive license from IronKey for its secure storage management software and service, and a license to use the IronKey brand for secure storage products. IronKey will partner with Imation to provide its online cloud-based security services.
Approximately 40 employees of the privately held IronKey business are expected to transfer to Imation with the acquisition. Financial terms of the acquisition, expected to close within 30 days, were not disclosed.
"This acquisition is another important step in Imation's strategy to invest in leading technologies that enable us to deliver highly secure data storage solutions to our customers," said Mark Lucas, president and chief executive officer, Imation Corp. "IronKey's products meet the highest security, performance, and privacy standards of Fortune 500, enterprise, government, and military customers. Our new partnership with IronKey will also enable us to add a cloud-based security solution to Imation's offerings."
"IronKey's secure storage customers and partners will benefit from Imation's global reach in more than 100 countries," said Arthur Wong, CEO of IronKey. "IronKey will continue to build out solutions for providing secure online access by leveraging its online cloud services security platform to protect customers' assets, data, and transactions across multiple form factors such as portable USB devices, software, and mobile applications."
The secure storage products and technologies transferring to Imation include multifunction portable computing devices that protect stored data with strong hardware encryption. IronKey secure storage devices are validated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology to meet the stringent Level 3 criteria of FIPS 140-2. Combined with the cloud-based IronKey Enterprise Management Service, data security can be managed and audited from anywhere in the world.
Latest News Posts
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019