Imation Corp., a leading global technology company dedicated to helping people and organizations store, protect and connect their digital world, and IronKey, a global leader in securing data and online access, today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Imation will acquire the assets of IronKey's secure data storage hardware business.
The two companies also announced a strategic partnership whereby Imation will receive an exclusive license from IronKey for its secure storage management software and service, and a license to use the IronKey brand for secure storage products. IronKey will partner with Imation to provide its online cloud-based security services.
Approximately 40 employees of the privately held IronKey business are expected to transfer to Imation with the acquisition. Financial terms of the acquisition, expected to close within 30 days, were not disclosed.
"This acquisition is another important step in Imation's strategy to invest in leading technologies that enable us to deliver highly secure data storage solutions to our customers," said Mark Lucas, president and chief executive officer, Imation Corp. "IronKey's products meet the highest security, performance, and privacy standards of Fortune 500, enterprise, government, and military customers. Our new partnership with IronKey will also enable us to add a cloud-based security solution to Imation's offerings."
"IronKey's secure storage customers and partners will benefit from Imation's global reach in more than 100 countries," said Arthur Wong, CEO of IronKey. "IronKey will continue to build out solutions for providing secure online access by leveraging its online cloud services security platform to protect customers' assets, data, and transactions across multiple form factors such as portable USB devices, software, and mobile applications."
The secure storage products and technologies transferring to Imation include multifunction portable computing devices that protect stored data with strong hardware encryption. IronKey secure storage devices are validated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology to meet the stringent Level 3 criteria of FIPS 140-2. Combined with the cloud-based IronKey Enterprise Management Service, data security can be managed and audited from anywhere in the world.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Razer's new Blade laptops
- Huawei forges forward with Mate X foldable phone launch
- GoodOffer24 HOT SUMMER SALE: Windows 10 Pro for $12.14
- Apex Legends popularity dives, Twitch views drop 75%
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)