Logitech Introduces Comfort Lapdesk for Notebooks
Logitech Lapdesk Gives You More Comfort When Using Your Notebook on the Sofa, Bed or Floor
FREMONT, Calif. - Dec. 8, 2008 - You can use your laptop anywhere in your home. But what you gain in mobility, you often sacrifice in comfort. To address this pain point, Logitech (SIX LOGN) (NASDAQ LOGI) today introduced the Logitech® Comfort Lapdesk for Notebooks - the newest addition to the company's line of notebook accessories. The Comfort Lapdesk provides a stable base and helps protect against laptop heat whether you're working from the comfort of your couch, relaxing on your bed or reclining on the living-room floor.
"While other lapdesks promise improved comfort, they often fall short because of poor design and low-quality materials," said Denis Pavillard, Logitech's vice president of product marketing for keyboards and desktops. "The new Logitech lapdesk has a thoughtful design that will help make your laptop experience more comfortable, wherever you use your computer."
Logitech research revealed that nearly 60 percent of people who use a laptop at home use it on the couch so they can be with their families while browsing the Web, e-mailing or chatting. In addition, the research showed that 36 percent use a laptop on the bed and 16 percent use it while sitting or lying on the floor. However, nearly 50 percent of those people report concerns about laptop heat and 41 percent raise concerns about posture. Some people use a pillow or book in an attempt to provide a barrier to the heat emitted from the laptop, but those solutions often end up trapping heat, making it even hotter.
Unlike makeshift solutions and other lapdesks, the Comfort Lapdesk features a four-layer, heat-shielding design. The bottom-layer's fabric and an air-flow chamber between the lapdesk's base and top combine to further minimize heat. Plus, instead of the whole laptop lying flat against the body, the arched base makes contact with the legs in just four places, improving air flow.
To provide a stable foundation for comfortable laptop use, the cushioned base allows people to relax their legs instead of locking the knees together to support the computer. In addition, a non-slip glossy finish on the top of the lapdesk helps prevent the computer from sliding around. And a 12-degree angled riser positions the notebook to a height that supports neck and leg comfort (when used in a seated position).
When you're done using the computer, the lapdesk's thin, streamlined profile makes it easy to slide under a couch or bed, or it can stand upright for storage next to the sofa.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Comfort Lapdesk for Notebooks is expected to be available in Europe in January and in the U.S. in February for a suggested retail price of $39.99 (U.S.).
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market