QNAP TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS now supports iSCSI and AES 256-bit Encryption
QNAP Systems, Inc. today unveils the new firmware version 2.1.0 for the high performance TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS to support iSCSI target service and a number of security solutions, e.g. AES 256-bit volume-based encryption, automatic policy-based IP blocking, instant SMS alert, and the powerful Surveillance Station for live video monitoring and recording of up to 4 network cameras.
The new firmware of the TS-509 Pro has brought a number of benefits to the business users, specifically cost-effective and flexible storage expansion as well as secure data protection. The built-in iSCSI target service with Thin Provisioning on the NAS enables the server administrator to create up to 8 iSCSI devices for expanding the storage capacity of the existing application servers on the network, e.g. database server, mail server, or configuring the NAS as the backup destination of these servers. To meet the demand for high security data protection of the business users, the TS-509 Pro now supports AES 256-bit volume-based encryption. The encrypted disk volumes of the NAS must be unlocked by the encryption password to be accessed, which eliminates the fear of confidential data leakage if the hard drives or the NAS were stolen.
"The high performance and rich features of the TS-509 Pro are widely recognized and awarded by the worldwide media. By upgrading the NAS to version 2.1.0, the administrator can make use of the Thin Provisioning feature of the iSCSI target service for flexible allocation of the storage space to the application servers regardless of the actual storage capacity of the NAS. When more storage space is required in the future, the administrator can increase the storage capacity of the NAS by Online RAID Capacity Expansion or re-allocate the disk space assigned to the application servers. The TS-509 Pro is an ideal cost-efficient IP-SAN (Storage Area Network) solution for the business users," said James Wu, Product Manager from QNAP.
New features supported by the TS-509 Pro firmware version 2.1.0:
AES 256-bit volume-based encryption to enhance secure data protection
Up to 8 built-in iSCSI targets with Thin Provisioning feature for flexible storage expansion or backup destination of the application servers on the network.
Automatic policy-based IP blocking to prevent unwanted intrusion or hacking
Instant SMS/ email alert upon system errors or warning
Surveillance Station, monitoring and recording from up to 4 network cameras
Volume status report
Advanced FTP write-only access
SSL secure certificate
USB UPS function upgrade
About TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS
Powered by Intel Celeron 1.6GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII memory, the 5-bay TS-509 Pro provides unique DOM architecture with embedded fail-safe dual OS. The Linux OS and applications of the NAS are embedded in the flash DOM that higher stability is guaranteed. The two Gigabit LAN ports can be configured as Failover, Load balancing, or serving two different subnets. Also, the TS-509 Pro supports RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 6/ 5+Spare and JBOD, hot swappable hard drive design, a handy LCD panel for "Touch-N-Go" PC-less RAID installation and basic server configuration, schedule power on/off and Wake on LAN. More information is available on http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=104.
QNAP Systems, Inc. is a dominant provider of Linux OS embedded network-attached storage (NAS) and network surveillance system. We have released numerous NAS and NVR (network video recorder) series, providing our customers high performance and high reliability backup and security solutions. Today, QNAP continues to lead the industry with our innovation in design and technology. Our products have gained worldwide recognition. Further information about QNAP products is available on https://www.qnap.com.
Latest News Posts
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit