Low-Profile 9-Pin USB 2.0 Disk On Module Drives Offered in 8GB and 16GB Capacities
Fremont, California - August 17, 2011- Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and DOMs, today announced immediate availability of 8GB and 16GB low-profile 9-pin USB 2.0 disk on module (DOM) drives that are designed for servers and embedded computing applications.
"We're continuing to expand our lineup of DOM products, which already includes 9 different types of SATA and PATA DOMs in capacities up to 64GB. These new USB DOMs are by far the smallest, lightest and lowest power drives in our DOM family," Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement. Maximum active power for these USB DOMs is rated at a mere 150MA. Moreover, DOMs offer superior resistance to shock, vibration, dust and temperature extremes than hard disk drives, making them advantageous for use in industrial environments.
These Type-1 USB DOMs are designed for low-profile enclosures. Measuring just 35mm x 21mm, they have a very small footprint. AMP's new USB DOMs are available now on Amazon.com or directly on ActiveMP.com.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing advanced new media products that improve performance and reliability and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in industrial DOMs, small form factor SSDs and manufactures the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit