NVIDIA Launches Quadro FX 4800 Professional Graphics Accelerator
Today, mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD), digital content creation (DCC) and broadcast applications received a major performance boost with the introduction of the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 ultra-high-end professional graphics card. With advances in GPU architecture, added graphics memory and 30-bit color, the Quadro FX 4800 gives professionals the right toolset to dramatically push the boundaries of realism, performance and quality.
"In this increasingly competitive landscape, it's imperative that professionals deliver better, faster and more cost-effective results," said Jeff Brown general manager, Professional Solutions, NVIDIA. "NVIDIA is not only addressing this challenge, but is raising the ultra-high-end visualization bar by creating specialized solutions to meet the direct needs of professionals - whether it be a geophysicists or MCAD designer."
Equipped with 192 CUDA parallel computing cores, the Quadro FX 4800 delivers a 2X performance increase over previous generations of ultra-high-end graphics cards. Key features in the Quadro FX 4800 include:
Real-time Visualization of Large Data Sets - Equipped with 1.5 GB graphics memory, the Quadro FX 4800 has the capacity to process large textures and frames in real time while providing fill rates of 38 billion texels per second and geometry performance of 300 million triangles per second.
Increased Image Quality: A 128-bit precision graphic pipeline and 32x FSAA for better image clarity and quality.
Ultra-high Color Fidelity and Resolutions: Dual 10-bit display ports delivering a color palette of over a billion colors, orders of magnitude greater than previous generations of graphics cards. Also included is a single dual-link digital display connector for ultra-high resolution panels of up to 3840 x 2400 at 24Hz.
High-performance Visualization: A CUDA parallel computing processor architecture exposed through a C language environment and tool suite. In combination with high-performance visualization, CUDA unleashes new capabilities to solve highly complex challenges such as real-time ray tracing, video encoding and interactive volume rendering.
Pricing and Availability
NVIDIA Quadro solutions are widely available through leading system manufacturers and workstation integrators, and NVIDIA channel partners PNY Technologies (US and EMEA), Leadtek (APAC), and Elsa (Japan). The NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 is available today and has a MSRP of $1,999 USD. For more information on NVIDIA professional technologies and products, please visit: this page.
Latest News Posts
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower