How Quick are You with an APU?
City of Industry, California, August 4th 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced a new overclocking competition in conjunction with HWBOT.org called the "A75 OC Challenge" during the month of August.
Since the recent launch of the world's first APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) from AMD, there has been a lot of benching going on to see if AMD really has created an onboard graphics solution that can compete head-to-head with the lower end discrete market. But many are asking the age-old question, "will it blend"? No, wait a second...we really don't suggest trying that. The real question is will it overclock? During the month of August, GIGABYTE would like you guys to answer that for us. So, using any GIGABYTE A75 motherboard (learn all about them HERE), submit your best scores for each of the 5 stages using only the APU graphics ie., no discrete graphics cards allowed. Since HWBOT is hosting, HWBOT rules apply. The first place winner gets a 990FXA-UD5 and second and third place each get a E350N-USB3. Good luck everyone!
Stage 1: 3Dmark 11 P (Preset)
Stage 2: 3Dmark Vantage P (Preset)
Stage 3: PCMARK 7
Stage 4: Unique Heaven DX11
Stage 5: UCBench2011
For complete contest details and rules, please visit: http://hwbot.org/competition/gigabyte_apu_contest/
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.us for more information.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's new X399 Designare EX motherboard looks GREAT
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Google buys HTC's mobile division for $1.1 billion
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower