Building on the success of its first Mini PC, hailed as the smallest PC in the world, SAPPHIRE Technology - the world leading manufacturer and supplier of PC graphics cards and mainboards has just introduced a new model - the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2. The SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 shares the same slim, stylish outline as the earlier model but delivers slightly higher performance and is now also available with a pre-loaded operating system. At less than half a litre in volume, it is slimmer and smaller than most wireless access points - in fact around the size of a paperback book! Its stylish design and simple pedestal mount make it equally at home next to a TV or business monitor whilst occupying the minimum of desk or shelf space.
Responding to customer demand, the new SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 is available optionally pre-loaded with Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, and this version is available with a VESA compatible mount to allow it to be unobtrusively fitted behind a monitor or TV.
Despite its small size, the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 is a fully featured PC for home, education or business use. Specifications include a second generation 1.8GHz dual core processor, 2GB of DDR3 memory, a 320GB hard drive and built in wireless connectivity as well as high speed LAN port and four USB ports. It provides high resolution graphics output with a full HD (1920x1080) HDMI interface (with an HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI adapter also supplied) as well as a VGA monitor output and it has built-in audio with mic-in and line-out sockets. All of this makes it more than capable of handling day to day Office tasks as well as streaming video or browsing the Internet.
The SAPPHIRE Mini PC family is a top scorer in power efficiency. Consuming less than 30W even under load, the members of the SAPPHIRE Mini PC family use around 10 times less power than a typical desktop PC - and less than most notebooks - making it one of the Greenest PC solutions available. Power and space savings alone can justify switching to the Mini PC for many businesses*.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 Mini PC is ideal for integration into an office or education environment. The end user or system integrator has a free choice of keyboard or mouse, which can be either wireless or USB connected.
The new SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 is optionally supplied pre-installed with Windows 7 Ultimate edition, or pre-loaded with FREE DOS, ready for the reseller or end user to install the preferred choice of operating system. All appropriate drivers are supplied on CD.
SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 Specifications:
CPU: Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz with 1 MB Cache
RAM: 2 GB DDR3-800 MHz
Storage: 2.5'' SATA 320GB HDD
Graphics: nVidia ION2 with 512MB RAM
LAN: Built-in Ethernet supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps
WIFI: Built-in WIFI supporting IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
I/O: VGA x1, HDMI x1, RJ45x 1, 4 x USB 2.0 Ports, Audio-In x1, Line Out x1
Power: AC 100~240V 50/60Hz,19v~3.42A 65W
Dimensions: 19.3(L) X 14.8(W) X 2.2(H) cm
Operating System: Optional Pre-installed Windows 7 or FREE DOS
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower