Plextor Announces New Lineup of Optical Drives with PlexUTILITIES Advanced Application & Diagnostic Software
In addition to the four drives, new multimedia and duplicator product offerings are available from Plextor in time for the holidays
FREMONT, Calif. - November 24, 2008 - Plextor, a leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital media equipment, announces new products as a part of its new 2008 lineup. Featured in the new offering are 6x Blu-Ray Combo drives, 22x Super Multi DVD±RW drives, and an 8x Slim External USB DVD±RW for PC and Mac.
"Plextor continues to strengthen its position in the optical storage market with the addition of these new drives to its already robust line of products," said Bob Gronski, vice president of sales and marketing for Plextor. "Now more than ever, people are going out less and taking advantage of home entertainment more, so it's a perfect time for us to introduce such an extensive line of products."
The new Plextor product lineup includes the following drives:
PX-610U 8X Slim External USB Super Multi Drive - Available for both PC and Mac, the PX-610U is a truly self-powered portable DVD writer that does not require the use of an AC adapter or multiple USB ports. Through the addition of internal battery power, the PX-610U requires only a single USB port for power and data transfer. The PC version includes Roxio Creator® 10 CE and the Mac version is bundled with a full retail version of Toast 9 Titanium.
PX-B310SA (6X internal SATA) and PX-B310Q (6X external USB) - The Blu-ray Disc Combo Drives, 6x Blu-ray Reader plus Super Multi DVD+RW drive, gives you an all-in-one solution for playing back Blu-ray Discs, while maintaining the capability of archiving data onto CD or DVD. The Blu-ray Disc Combo is bundled with Cyberlink BD Suite.
PX-850SA (22X internal SATA) and PX-850A (22X internal PATA) - The Super Multi DVD±RW lets users feel confident about burning to any DVD or CD media, including DVD-RAM and DVD±R DL media. Use your DVD writer for any purpose with the media you desire. The Super Multi DVD+RW Drives are bundled with Roxio Creator® 10 CE.
All of the above drives, with the exception of the PX-610U for Mac, also come standard with PlexUTILITIES advanced application and diagnostic tool. PlexUTILITIES gives you extra support for your Plextor hardware allowing you to view basic and advance drive information, control specific drive functions to customize drive operations, and includes a powerful utility tool which allows for a safe, secure and easy way to destroy data on CD/DVD media.
New multimedia and stand-alone towers are also included in the lineup with a wireless projector adapter, mini digital HDTV receiver, digital video converter and three stand alone CD/DVD duplicators.
For more information on Plextor, or to purchase the new lineup, please visit https://www.plextor.com.
Headquartered in Fremont, CA, Plextor is a leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital media equipment for professionals, consumers and enterprises. Headquartered in Silicon Valley since 1990, Plextor has introduced generations of award-winning products, including digital video converters and CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW optical disc drives, and multimedia products. Contact Plextor at https://www.plextor.com.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 710: built on 10nm, arrives soon
- Acer's new Predator Helios 500 notebook: Core i9, GTX 1070
- DICE looking to adapt battle royale into Battlefield games
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be at E3 2018
- PS5 won't launch before 2021
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit