GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced a new partnership with Lucidlogix, the makers of Virtu GPU virtualization technology. The partnership ushers in broad adoption of Virtu on future GIGABYTE 6 series motherboards, and sets the stage for long term cooperation between the two companies.
"We are excited about our new partnership with Lucid because of the huge potential for switchable graphics in the PC DIY market where GIGABYTE motherboards enjoy considerable market share," said Henry Kao, VP of R&D, at GIGABYTE. "We believe that Virtu will add considerable value to GIGABYTE motherboards using Intel's Sandy Bridge graphics and will provide our customers with the flexibility and choice they want from their system."
"We are proud of our new partnership with GIGABYTE, who shares our vision of virtualization and high-performance computing for all," said Offir Remez, president and founder of LucidLogix. "We are sure that Intel Sandy Bridge motherboard customers will appreciate the seamless experience provided by Lucid GPU virtualization, enjoying both Intel graphics' robust media features and powerhouse 3D gaming from whatever brand GPU they choose."
GIGABYTE motherboards sporting Virtu will be available after the much anticipated launch of Intel's next generation 6 series chipsets. These new 6 series motherboards will also feature the world's newest icon-based BIOS, called GIGABYTE Touch BIOS, for uniquely user-friendly PC system control and BIOS navigation. Motherboard models with Virtu technology include:
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit