The best of both worlds just got better with Windows┬« 7 and Google Android┬Ö 2.2
WALNUT, Calif. - May 3, 2011 - Following its recent North American availability announcement for the ViewPad 10,ViewSonic Corp., a leading global provider of computing, consumer electronics and communications solutions, today released details on how ViewPad 10 users can update their system to Android 2.2.
The 10.1" ViewPad 10 gives users a choice between Windows 7 and Google Android within the same device, making this tablet ideal for business users looking to maximize productivity while simultaneously enjoying the device for entertainment purposes.
"The ViewPad 10 allows business users to take their desktops with them, running the same Windows-based apps they are used to on a tablet form factor," said Adam Hanin, vice president of marketing for ViewSonic Americas. "We responded to customer feedback and made available a free and easy-to-install Android 2.2 update. As additional supported code is available, we will share further updates to continue delivering on our promise of offering the best of both worlds."
Packed with a high speed Intel┬« Atom┬Ö 1.66GHz processor and integrated 2GB of memory, the ViewPad 10 is a mobile computing powerhouse. Designed for today's business applications, the ViewPad 10 enables users to take Windows on the road, allowing access to Flash-based content and programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. With the Android 2.2 platform just a switch away, the ViewPad 10 is the perfect companion for those looking to work, play and share on the go. Paired with convenient features such as expandable memory, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and 1.3 megapixel built-in front camera, this dual-OS device is sure to grow with each user's professional and personal needs.
The dual-OS ViewPad 10 now ships with Android 2.2 and either Windows 7 Home Premium (with a 16GB SSD hard drive) or Windows 7 Professional (with a 32GB SSD hard drive) for respective ESPs of $599 and $679. For full instructions on updating your ViewPad 10, visit http://www.viewsonic.com/assets/113/21936.pdf or call 800-888-8583.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit