AMD Promotes New Products, Strong Execution and Focused Innovation at 2008 Financial Analyst Day
- Executives detail company's strategy to achieve sustainable profitability -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 13, 2008 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today hosted its 2008 Financial Analyst Day at its headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif. Senior executives, including President and Chief Executive Officer Dirk Meyer, reported on the company's progress toward sustainable profitability by sharing information on AMD's product, marketing, manufacturing and operational initiatives.
As a part of today's event, AMD also launched its 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors. Previously codenamed "Shanghai", these processors deliver up to 35% more performance than the previous generation Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor and up to a 35% decrease in power consumption at idle, along with sweeping virtualization performance leadership.
In his presentation, Meyer reiterated his commitment to guiding a leaner, more focused AMD back to sustainable profitability.
"Today's 45 nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron launch is another key 2008 milestone for AMD, strengthening our portfolio of computing products and complementing our industry-leading graphics products," said Meyer. "In 2009, we plan to remain focused on executing our new product roadmaps, extend our leadership in graphics technology, refresh all our existing computing platform offerings, and introduce innovative new platforms targeting key growth opportunities like ultra portable notebooks.
"Our Asset Smart strategy remains a critical piece of AMD's future success. Through 'The Foundry Company'. we are putting a model in place that will help ensure AMD's access to leading-edge manufacturing without having to shoulder the increasingly prohibitive costs of semiconductor manufacturing."
Randy Allen, senior vice president, Computing Solutions Group, Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Product Group, and Nigel Dessau, chief marketing officer, also provided high level program overviews. Executives emphasized how AMD's plan is to focus on delivering the solutions that power the next generation of user experiences and applications at work, home and play.
For complete information on today's event, including an archived webcast of the general session, copies of executive presentations, and a news summary document that provides an overview of all product roadmap updates, see: http://www.amd.com/AnalystDay.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam