AMD Promotes New Products, Strong Execution and Focused Innovation at 2008 Financial Analyst Day
- Executives detail company's strategy to achieve sustainable profitability -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 13, 2008 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today hosted its 2008 Financial Analyst Day at its headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif. Senior executives, including President and Chief Executive Officer Dirk Meyer, reported on the company's progress toward sustainable profitability by sharing information on AMD's product, marketing, manufacturing and operational initiatives.
As a part of today's event, AMD also launched its 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors. Previously codenamed "Shanghai", these processors deliver up to 35% more performance than the previous generation Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor and up to a 35% decrease in power consumption at idle, along with sweeping virtualization performance leadership.
In his presentation, Meyer reiterated his commitment to guiding a leaner, more focused AMD back to sustainable profitability.
"Today's 45 nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron launch is another key 2008 milestone for AMD, strengthening our portfolio of computing products and complementing our industry-leading graphics products," said Meyer. "In 2009, we plan to remain focused on executing our new product roadmaps, extend our leadership in graphics technology, refresh all our existing computing platform offerings, and introduce innovative new platforms targeting key growth opportunities like ultra portable notebooks.
"Our Asset Smart strategy remains a critical piece of AMD's future success. Through 'The Foundry Company'. we are putting a model in place that will help ensure AMD's access to leading-edge manufacturing without having to shoulder the increasingly prohibitive costs of semiconductor manufacturing."
Randy Allen, senior vice president, Computing Solutions Group, Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Product Group, and Nigel Dessau, chief marketing officer, also provided high level program overviews. Executives emphasized how AMD's plan is to focus on delivering the solutions that power the next generation of user experiences and applications at work, home and play.
For complete information on today's event, including an archived webcast of the general session, copies of executive presentations, and a news summary document that provides an overview of all product roadmap updates, see: http://www.amd.com/AnalystDay.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series