AMD Promotes New Products, Strong Execution and Focused Innovation at 2008 Financial Analyst Day
- Executives detail company's strategy to achieve sustainable profitability -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 13, 2008 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today hosted its 2008 Financial Analyst Day at its headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif. Senior executives, including President and Chief Executive Officer Dirk Meyer, reported on the company's progress toward sustainable profitability by sharing information on AMD's product, marketing, manufacturing and operational initiatives.
As a part of today's event, AMD also launched its 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors. Previously codenamed "Shanghai", these processors deliver up to 35% more performance than the previous generation Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor and up to a 35% decrease in power consumption at idle, along with sweeping virtualization performance leadership.
In his presentation, Meyer reiterated his commitment to guiding a leaner, more focused AMD back to sustainable profitability.
"Today's 45 nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron launch is another key 2008 milestone for AMD, strengthening our portfolio of computing products and complementing our industry-leading graphics products," said Meyer. "In 2009, we plan to remain focused on executing our new product roadmaps, extend our leadership in graphics technology, refresh all our existing computing platform offerings, and introduce innovative new platforms targeting key growth opportunities like ultra portable notebooks.
"Our Asset Smart strategy remains a critical piece of AMD's future success. Through 'The Foundry Company'. we are putting a model in place that will help ensure AMD's access to leading-edge manufacturing without having to shoulder the increasingly prohibitive costs of semiconductor manufacturing."
Randy Allen, senior vice president, Computing Solutions Group, Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Product Group, and Nigel Dessau, chief marketing officer, also provided high level program overviews. Executives emphasized how AMD's plan is to focus on delivering the solutions that power the next generation of user experiences and applications at work, home and play.
For complete information on today's event, including an archived webcast of the general session, copies of executive presentations, and a news summary document that provides an overview of all product roadmap updates, see: http://www.amd.com/AnalystDay.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard