AMD Promotes New Products, Strong Execution and Focused Innovation at 2008 Financial Analyst Day
- Executives detail company's strategy to achieve sustainable profitability -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- November 13, 2008 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today hosted its 2008 Financial Analyst Day at its headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif. Senior executives, including President and Chief Executive Officer Dirk Meyer, reported on the company's progress toward sustainable profitability by sharing information on AMD's product, marketing, manufacturing and operational initiatives.
As a part of today's event, AMD also launched its 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors. Previously codenamed "Shanghai", these processors deliver up to 35% more performance than the previous generation Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor and up to a 35% decrease in power consumption at idle, along with sweeping virtualization performance leadership.
In his presentation, Meyer reiterated his commitment to guiding a leaner, more focused AMD back to sustainable profitability.
"Today's 45 nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron launch is another key 2008 milestone for AMD, strengthening our portfolio of computing products and complementing our industry-leading graphics products," said Meyer. "In 2009, we plan to remain focused on executing our new product roadmaps, extend our leadership in graphics technology, refresh all our existing computing platform offerings, and introduce innovative new platforms targeting key growth opportunities like ultra portable notebooks.
"Our Asset Smart strategy remains a critical piece of AMD's future success. Through 'The Foundry Company'. we are putting a model in place that will help ensure AMD's access to leading-edge manufacturing without having to shoulder the increasingly prohibitive costs of semiconductor manufacturing."
Randy Allen, senior vice president, Computing Solutions Group, Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Product Group, and Nigel Dessau, chief marketing officer, also provided high level program overviews. Executives emphasized how AMD's plan is to focus on delivering the solutions that power the next generation of user experiences and applications at work, home and play.
For complete information on today's event, including an archived webcast of the general session, copies of executive presentations, and a news summary document that provides an overview of all product roadmap updates, see: http://www.amd.com/AnalystDay.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit