AMD Hires Mike Wolfe as New CIO
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/21/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced it has appointed Mike Wolfe, age 52, as the company's chief information officer. He brings more than 30 years of engineering and information technology experience, most recently as vice president of IT for product development and engineering at HP for the last five years. Wolfe will be responsible for managing AMD's global technology infrastructure and will report into Thomas Seifert, senior vice president and chief financial officer and interim CEO.
"Mike has effectively led IT transformations constantly focusing on reducing operating costs and significantly improving business innovation," said Seifert. "His considerable talent and experience will help AMD to continue strengthening our IT infrastructure and streamline our business based on our own products and platforms."
Prior to HP, Wolfe spent more than 24 years at Motorola and Freescale Semiconductor, working his way to the position of chief information officer of Freescale. He was the vice president and CIO for the Semiconductor Products Sector at Motorola for five years and successfully consolidated business and manufacturing IT functions into a single central organization.
Wolfe has a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Alabama and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Texas at Austin.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of solutions including PCs, game consoles and the servers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution