AMD Hires Mike Wolfe as New CIO
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/21/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced it has appointed Mike Wolfe, age 52, as the company's chief information officer. He brings more than 30 years of engineering and information technology experience, most recently as vice president of IT for product development and engineering at HP for the last five years. Wolfe will be responsible for managing AMD's global technology infrastructure and will report into Thomas Seifert, senior vice president and chief financial officer and interim CEO.
"Mike has effectively led IT transformations constantly focusing on reducing operating costs and significantly improving business innovation," said Seifert. "His considerable talent and experience will help AMD to continue strengthening our IT infrastructure and streamline our business based on our own products and platforms."
Prior to HP, Wolfe spent more than 24 years at Motorola and Freescale Semiconductor, working his way to the position of chief information officer of Freescale. He was the vice president and CIO for the Semiconductor Products Sector at Motorola for five years and successfully consolidated business and manufacturing IT functions into a single central organization.
Wolfe has a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Alabama and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Texas at Austin.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of solutions including PCs, game consoles and the servers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases