Switch Into Autumn With The New Inspiron R From Dell
New InspironTM R line expands Dell's leading-edge portfolio of products with 2nd Generation Intel® CoreTM processors
Inspiron R is fun, stylish and fast featuring the latest technology, a superior entertainment experience, impressive battery life and a new interchangeable lid option
Just pop.click.switch: New SWITCH by Design Studio lids allow for a new look at any moment
SYDNEY, Australia and AUCKLAND, New Zealand, March 18, 2011 - The new Inspiron R joins Dell's expansive collection of laptops and desktops equipped with the latest Intel processors and are fun, stylish and lightning quick. Available today, the new Inspiron R 15-inch laptop delivers incredible mobile entertainment, a high-definition display and outstanding battery life, but that's just the beginning.
The perfect combination of brains and beauty - the latest addition to the Inspiron family also introduces an innovative new design twist: new SWITCH by Design Studio interchangeable lids that switch the look of the Inspiron R laptop with just a pop and a click[i]. The SWITCH by Design Studio collection includes 25 new eye-popping lids sporting vibrant colors and unique designs. Start the day with a Peacock Blue lid, and switch it out for a design-inspired look at night.
But the Inspiron R shouldn't be judged by its cover(s) alone. Packing the latest 2nd generation Intel Core technology, the Inspiron R laptop benefits from sleek form factors and incorporates the latest USB 3.0 technology to make transferring photos, videos, music and other graphics-rich files faster than ever.
Performance? Check! What about the lids? Carefully selected from Dell Design Studio's curated collections, the contemporary art and graphic designs available from SWITCH by Design Studio offer exclusive selections from outstanding independent artists, designers and partners.
"Our Inspiron R model equipped with 2nd gen Intel Core processors delivers the ultimate in entertainment and mobility and because customers value both performance and style, the eye-catching lids are designed to suit your mood or style at any given moment," said Sam Burd, vice president Dell's Consumer & SMB Product Group. "With the Inspiron R, we're living up to our heritage of delivering the performance you need to do more, and with SWITCH by Design Studio, you can look good while doing it," Burd added.
Inspiron R: The Dell Difference
With a range of entertainment, storage, productivity and show-stopping design options available on the Inspiron R, Dell makes it easy for people to go online and choose the perfect Inspiron R laptop with confidence, knowing it will be a smart investment that will deliver the ideal technology-by-design for them.
Inspiron R: Key Features
2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processor options and up to 8GB of memory [ii]
Weight starting at 5.6lbs for the Inspiron 15R;
SRS Premium Audio and high-definition video performance;
Intel Wireless Display technology for wireless projection of full 1080p video and 5.1 surround sound to your home theater for a breath-taking movie-viewing experience[iii];
Integrated Dell Stage software, providing one-click access to photos, music, videos, social-networking sites, e-books and more;
HD capable webcam;
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium with option for Professional; and
Pricing and Availability
The new Inspiron R is available today in Australia and New Zealand on Dell.com.au and Dell.co.nz. Pricing, including GST, is:
Inspiron 15R (SWITCH by Design Studio model with black lid): Starts at AUD$699 or NZD$999.
SWITCH by Design Studio lids: Start at AUD$39 or NZD$59[v].
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit