NVIDIA Brings the World's First Quadro FX 5800 4GB Graphics Card to Market
Professionals searching for oil, diagnosing illness or styling the next high-performance luxury vehicle all have one thing in common, the need for advanced visual computing solutions. NVIDIA Corporation, the world leader in visual computing technologies, today unveiled the most powerful professional graphics card in graphics history - the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800.
"The size and complexity of data is growing at an exponential rate. The challenge for today's professional is to make sense of the mountain of data by distilling it into a form they can comprehend, analyze and use to make impactful decisions," said Jeff Brown, general manager, Professional Solutions, NVIDIA. "At stake can be billions of investment dollars, or even people's lives. The Quadro FX 5800 has advanced features to allow massive datasets to be viewed beyond traditional 3D enabling professionals to make fast and accurate decisions."
The Quadro FX 5800 graphics card offers unprecedented performance and scalability to rapidly visualize and interpret massive datasets that until now were unattainable on a workstation graphics board. Offering up to 240 CUDA programmable parallel cores and the industries first 4GB of graphics memory, the Quadro FX 5800 graphics card is ideally suited for oil and gas exploration, medical imaging, styling and design, and scientific visualization. Other advanced features of the Quadro FX 5800 graphics card include:
- Interactive 4D modeling with time lapse capabilities
- Massive memory bandwidth of up to 102 GB per second
- Fill rates that exceed 52 billion texels per second and geometry performance of 300 million triangles per second
- Support for next-generation OpenGL and Microsoft DirectX 10 applications
- Advanced multi-system and multi-device visualization environments with Quadro G-Sync II
"Landmark's recently launched GeoProbe R5000 software empowersgeoscientists with an unprecedented ability to visualize large-scale regional datasets at full resolution from a standard Linux workstation," said Nicholas Purday, manager of Geophysical Technologies at Landmark. "The NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 graphics card has a more powerful GPU and superior triangle performance, which make it possible for the GeoProbe application to quickly render large surfaces, and allow us to move many computing-intensive processes to the graphics card, significantly enhancing the overall user experience." Landmark is an industry leading software and technology services brand of Halliburton, one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry.
"The advanced textured graphics capabilities of the Quadro FX 5800 are enabling CyberHeart to provide 3D radiosurgical target visualization and definition tools for the purpose of treating cardiac arrhythmias," said Thilaka Sumanaweera, CTO, CyberHeart. "Our applications are processing very large data sets acquired by the state-of-the-art 64-slice CT scanners using respiratory- and cardiac-gating. The Quadro FX cards provide us with the extreme bandwidth necessary to support our cutting-edge technology, and essentially, save lives." CyberHeart, Inc., is a medical device company developing a non-invasive radiosurgical system for cardiac applications.
The Quadro FX 5800 GPU features true 10-bit color enabling billions rather than millions of color variations for rich, vivid image quality with the broadest dynamic range. Professionals now benefit from viewing their models with higher degrees of precision and realism never before possible.
"Our customers are making important decisions about future products on the basis of RTT-powered 3D real-time models," said Ludwig Fuchs, cofounder and CEO of RTT. "The new Quadro FX 5800 will be the platform of choice to bring that arena to the next level. Higher levels of realism, physical correctness and large models are now made possible through a double number of cores and a generous frame buffer." Realtime Technology AG, is a leading supplier of real- time visualization technology and virtual prototyping solutions to the automotive, aerospace, industrial and consumer goods design industries.
Pricing and Availability
NVIDIA Quadro solutions are widely available through leading PC manufacturers and workstation system integrators and NVIDIA channel partners PNY Technologies (US and EMEA), Leadtek (APAC) and Elsa (Japan). The Quadro FX 5800 graphics board has an MSRP of $3499 USD. For more information about the full lineup of NVIDIA professional solutions please visit http://www.nvidia.com/quadro.
NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualisation market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit