ATEN Launches New Laptop USB KVM with Dual PC Control, File Transfer, and USB 2.0 Peripheral Access
Connect Your Laptop Smarter
Taipei, Taiwan, November 03, 2008. ATEN International, leading designer and manufacturer of advanced connectivity solutions, today announced the launch of its CS661 - Laptop USB KVM Switch. This breakthrough product is a compact, cable-like device that offers direct control of two computers, plus quick and efficient file transfer.
The CS661 offers KVM functionality for laptops, which is perfect for laptop users who need to connect to two computers. Users can simply plug in and take instant control of a second computer. Key features include seamless file transfer between two computers (file management system allows users to drag and drop files between connected computers), plug-and-play functionality, and access to USB 2.0 peripherals such as external storage devices. The device also adjusts the resolution of the remote desktop window to match the local computer monitor.
"This Laptop USB KVM brings ATEN's enterprise power to small office / home office workers who typically require access to both a personal and business PC," says Kevin Chen, President of ATEN International. "From the field force salesperson to the work-at-home parent to the IT administrator, the Laptop USB KVM can be utilised for a multitude of uses built on its file transfer capabilities - without the overhead and expense of a network."
According to Chen, the Laptop USB KVM offers conventional KVM functionality without the need for software, remote desktops that require installation on every computer, a common network and an IP address. "Unlike software solutions, the Laptop USB KVM allows the transfer of large files directly between two computers without the need for network sharing."
1. SOHO -- A freelancer working from home uses two notebook PCs, one for the home and another for writing assignments on the road. However, this entails continually synchronising article versions when she is back in the home office. With the Laptop USB KVM, she can easily synchronise both via USB and transfer files as well.
2. SMB -- A product manager has both a desktop computer and laptop in his office. He uses the desktop for complex tasks and brings the laptop into staff meetings. Without a Laptop USB KVM, he would need to cope with the hassle of constantly switching between the two. By setting one PC as the primary control console, he can connect another one via a USB port and use one set of inputs to control both computers and easily transfer files between them.
3. Small Enterprise -- A network administrator, who is responsible for managing his company's large server room, often needs to check servers, apply patches and updates to specific machines. Using the Laptop USB KVM, he can simply achieve these tasks connecting his laptop to these servers to take direct control of any server without having to pre-install any software. The file transfer capability also allows software to be copied or installed onto the server.
Other Highlights of the Laptop USB KVM
Compact, cable-like design for easy storage and travel
Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) for easy operation
Desktop scaling -- toggle the remote desktop window between full screen and window view. User can adjust the size/resolution of the remote desktop window by size or ratio
Operating Systems - Windows 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, and Windows Vista
Pricing & Availability
The CS661-Laptop USB KVM Switch is available today. For more information please contact ATEN International Co., Ltd. (phone: +886 (2) 8692-6789, fax: +886 (2) 8692-6926, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.aten.com) or your local ATEN sales representatives or distributor.
About KVM Switches - An Essential Server Management Device
A KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) switch is an advanced, hardware-based solution that allows centralized access to multiple computers easily and conveniently from a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse. A KVM switch is useful in an extensive range of environments, suitable for SOHO users, small and medium businesses, and large corporations. Fundamentally, a KVM switch allows server rooms and data centers to optimize rack space in the IT environment, reducing costs and the clutter of keyboards, monitors and mice. Additional benefits include savings in energy consumption, server racks, cabinets, and floor space. Since a KVM switch provides access to a number of computers from a central location, IT professionals are no longer running from one server to the next, thereby streamlining workflow and increasing productivity. To meet the ever-developing needs of the globalized economy and the Internet, KVM solutions now have over-IP functionality for remote management capability that better fulfills the demands of corporations who need to manage multiple server rooms worldwide.
ATEN International Co., Ltd. is specialized in connectivity solutions in information technology. Established in 1979, ATEN is today considered the leading manufacturer of KVM Switches worldwide. This prominent position was reached by continuously high investment in research and development, resulting in numerous patents and exemplified by the sophisticated ASIC, developed in the ATEN labs and manufactured by ATEN. The product range today covers hundreds of connectivity products, providing complete KVM solutions from entry level to the enterprise market. Among the customers of ATEN are large companies with global operations, midrange and small businesses, as well as ambitious private users. For further information, please visit http://www.aten.com.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit