Fujitsu Launches Secure Business Class Slate PC
STYLISTIC Q550 combines highest levels of enterprise security with benefits of multiple touch computing
Tokyo/Munich, February 24, 2011
Fujitsu today announces the STYLISTIC Q550, a business class slate PC designed for the high-security requirements of mobile enterprise computing. Unveiled at a media briefing in Tokyo today, the STYLISTIC Q550 will be launched at CeBIT 2011, which takes place in Hanover, Germany, from March 1-5, 2011.
Building on Fujitsu's long heritage of creating tablet PCs for professional and business users, the Fujitsu STYLISTIC Q550 Slate PC is a keyboard-less tablet PC that builds in security from the ground up, so that it meets the most stringent IT security requirements of governments and businesses. The Fujitsu STYLISTIC Q550 is developed to meet enterprise mobile computing demands and integrate seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures.
As enterprises struggle to keep consumer smartphones and tablets off their corporate networks to avoid security breaches, Fujitsu is taking an alternative approach with the introduction of a companion device designed for maximum interoperability with business environments. Seamless integration is provided thanks to the use of the Microsoft Windows® 7 operating system. Additional licensing and rollout costs are capped since the slate PC uses the same software already deployed in enterprise infrastructures.
The Fujitsu STYLISTIC Q550 eases the mobile privacy concerns of even the most cautious CIOs. Features such as Advanced Theft Protection (ATP), a system platform that is resistant to deep-level hacking and the optional embedded Trusted Platform Module (TPM) help ensure that even if the STYLISTIC Q550 is lost or stolen, the data it carries remains protected.
Usability features also help set the Fujitsu slate PC apart from other mobile devices. The STYLISTIC Q550 is distinguished by elements such as full work day battery runtime and a brilliant anti-glare 10.1-inch screen that allows for use both indoors and outdoors. Seamless connectivity comes through the inclusion of WLAN, Bluetooth and optional mobile broadband 3G/UMTS, enabling collaboration such as the sharing of documents while on the move.
Along with excellent ergonomics, Fujitsu makes mobile data entry easier by combining a multiple touch interface with precise and pressure-sensitive pen input. The STYLISTIC Q550 automatically recognizes when users are working with a pen, allowing them to rest their hand on the screen when writing. Built-in handwriting recognition software converts input to text. When the pen is not in use, the slate PC automatically readjusts to a touch interface.
Rajat Kakar, Vice President Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "Many slate PCs on the market today are fun toys, but they don't come anywhere close to addressing the business and security needs that are holding enterprises back from embracing the latest mobile computing technology. This is our sweet spot - and we are targeting the professional and government computing markets with a new slate PC that draws on more than twenty years experience in building mobile computers for enterprise use."
The Fujitsu STYLISTIC Q550 is available globally. Hardware and software configurations and specifications vary by region. Pricing in the Euro zone starts at EUR 699 including sales tax. Full pricing and model specifications will be announced when order books open on March 1 , 2011.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage