NVIDIA Graphics Supercharge Windows 7
LOS ANGELES, CA (WINHEC 2008)-November 5, 2008-Attendees of the annual Windows Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC), held in Los Angeles this week, will have the opportunity to experience the visual enhancements coming in Windows 7 in part due to the close collaboration between Microsoft and NVIDIA. As a leader in visual computing, NVIDIA has been working closely with Microsoft on technology elements that will help to enrich users' experience with Windows 7, specifically in areas such as photos, video, gaming and 3D graphics.
"We expect Windows 7, coupled with NVIDIA's graphics technologies, to deliver the fundamental performance our mutual customers have come to expect," said Mike Nash, Corporate Vice President of Windows Product Management at Microsoft Corp. "NVIDIA's graphics technologies enable applications to take advantage of the visual capabilities in Windows 7 such as manipulating photos, video, and 3D graphics. With the expertise NVIDIA has in visual computing, they have been a key contributor to the development of Windows 7."
WinHEC attendees will receive a pre-beta version of Windows 7 along with a driver from NVIDIA Corporation validated by Microsoft and designed specifically for the next-generation operating system from Microsoft. NVIDIA® drivers will be released to end users through Microsoft's Windows Update service. Those drivers will include a high level of support for all current Windows Vista features as well as the newer features being introduced in Windows 7 such as WDDM 1.1, Direct3D 11, GDI acceleration, Direct2D, DirectWrite, DXVA HD and others.
"The importance of the GPU increases as visual computing applications become more popular, so it is essential that we deliver a quality experience," said Dwight Diercks, vice president of software engineering at NVIDIA. "NVIDIA has been working closely with Microsoft to ensure that pre-beta users of Windows 7 get full support and an unsurpassed graphics experience on NVIDIA-based graphics cards."
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions